About Hot Springs / Black Hills KOA

Camp under shady ponderosa pines in a quiet mountain setting. Hot Springs / Black Hills KOA is located at the southern end of the Black Hills, near Wind Cave National Park, Custer State Park, the Mammoth Site, Evans Plunge, the Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary, Windcross Conservancy and the shops in historic downtown Hot Springs. Daily breakfasts are available to start your days off right (seasonal). All sites have picnic tables. Cabins have air-conditioning, ceiling fans, heaters, grills and porch swings. You'll also find free Wi-Fi and cable TV at all RV Sites. Enjoy the large heated pool, mini golf, basketball, volleyball, playground, community fire pit and recreation room.

Fee Info
Adults 18+, Kids 7-17, Free 0-6
Private
Hot Springs / Black Hills KOA is located in South Dakota
Directions
From Wyoming - US 18 Truck Bypass to US 385. Turn right ,go 5 miles east, then 1/2 mile north on Hwy 79. From Nebraska - US 385: go 1/2 mile north of Junction Hwy 79. From I-90 - US 16 (Elk Vale Road) to Hwy 79 for 48 miles. Located at mile marker 27. From US 385 - go through town, then go 5 miles east past Taco Johns to Hwy 79. 1/2 mile north on Hwy 79
6 Reviews of Hot Springs / Black Hills KOA
Amazing

Awesome camp ground very clean and very friendly. Hand cooked breakfast you can buy in the morning with big burritos that were awesome!! Can’t wait to stay there again.

Not my kind of campground

KOAs are not my norm when it comes to camping, but when on a long road trip you often have to find camping based on your location. We gave this campground a shot, and it reaffirmed why I don’t do KOA style camping. There is nothing really wrong with the park, but it did not suit us. Our campsite was a very un-level gravel pad that was within a few feet of the back of cabins. There was little in terms of privacy. The bathrooms were clean and semi conveniently located. I thought the pool would be a treat for my son after spending a couple long hot days of traveling, but it was so cold we couldn’t enjoy the water. The WiFi (another treat for my son) was weak and unusable from our site. The only pro for us was its close proximity to Mt Rushmore, Wind in the Caves, and The surrounding Black Hills sights.

Beautiful and quiet

Love this place, great people and wonderful breakfast

Nice campground tucked in the beautiful black hills

Clean, quiet campground tucked away in the beautiful Black Hills

Peaceful

This KOA is smaller but quiet and quaint. It's off of a busy highway but you would never know it. The people who checked us in were nice and bathroom facilities were clean.

Great KOA! We’ll be back

What did I love about this KOA? It was quiet. I read and roamed around watching birds and picking up rocks while the kids were occupied with the pool and playing free putt-putt. The owners were very nice and helpful. The cabin was clean and neat with no spiders. The showers and bathroom were neat and clean. Add to that being not-too-far from one of my favorite corners of the planet with so much to offer, a cute little town, the birthplace of the People, and the origin of the Buffalo and you have a great spot.