Yurts
Lake-in-wood Campground is located in Pennsylvania
40.1956 N
17 Reviews of Lake-in-wood Campground
Love this campground

This is one campground I’d definitely go back too. We are tent campers but there are a lot of RVs and options for a couple of cute cabins as well. It rained the entire time I was there so we didn’t go in the pool but the campground is walkable, I was able to go running, there are things for kids to do, some animals to go visit on our walks, obviously a lake, and it’s close to stuff in Lancaster area. The campground is clean, a little noisy, but still has the secluded feel I want when camping.

Had so much fun!

clean campground. lots of activities. golf cart rentals worth it.

Quarry nearby but still a nice place

We had a great time at this campground. There is a quarry close by so you could hear the trucks beeping and the noise from there but that was the only negative thing. Huge pond for fishing, miniature gold, nice indoor and outdoor pool and a kiddie pool. Goats to pet and watch. There are a lot of really neat and different rentals here like a tree house, double decker bus, among others. Nice playground for the kids and a small arcade. We had a great time and will definitely go back.

Tight Fit

We Stayed at Lake in Wood campground in July. The place was huge. The roads were very tight and you really had to watch how you drove through because of the trees. Our site was a drive-through but slanted. There wasn’t much room on our site to do anything else. The fire ring was about all the room allowed. The metal picnic table was nice but very heavy. Our first night there A storm came through that was so bad I was worried a tree would fall on a trailer. This campground is mostly seasonal but they do have some weekend spots. The campground was very large and I would recommend renting a golf cart. They have a big lawn in the middle which rolls down to the lake. The weekend we were there they had A chicken dinner. It was actually very good. We experienced the hayride around the campground. The staff was very nice and helped us with an emergency that we had.

Lake in Wood

Clean and well maintained. Big drawback is a stone quarry about a mile away which you can hear all of the time.

Great weekend!!

We went for the weekend and loved it. Already looking to book another trip. Very clean campground.

Lots of Family Fun

This is a great park in Lancaster County! The one thing that comes to mind is gnomes! After our week here, we bought one from the gift store for future camping adventures. Great pools and classes (water aerobics was fun for everyone). The did have a mini golf course too, but I am unsure if they do anymore. You must try the family style restaurants in the area, delicious and close by as well. Overall a great experience and I would go again for sure :-)