Standard (Tent/RV)
About Hickory Run Campground

The 15,990-acre Hickory Run State Park, Carbon County, lies in the western foothills of the Pocono Mountains. This large park has over 40 miles of hiking trails, three state park natural areas and miles of trout streams. Boulder Field, a striking boulder-strewn area, is a National Natural Landmark. Hickory Run Campground is open year round.

No Alcohol
Max Length: 75 ft.
Hickory Run Campground is located in Pennsylvania
7 Reviews of Hickory Run Campground
Great loop, site #60

Great place. Lots of trails, clean bathrooms, many activities. Our loop was the best!

Beautiful. Period.

While the bathrooms were something out of a horror movie, this park is gorgeous. We had a lovely one night stay here on our way to our destination, and I would come back to this area to explore more.

Limestone trout streams and beautiful hiking trails

Site 365 at this time of year was very quiet and secluded. Cold it was, 15 degrees was a teeth chattering experience. However our A Liner Ranger kept me warm and cozy. My main reason for venturing out into the area was the beautiful limestone trout streams. Technically difficult to fish I only experienced the most modest success. Streams are close by, hiking trails are numerous and Hawk Falls was a high point of the park. Peaceful, crisp air and beautiful Surroundings. The park is building a new Park Office at the campground so it looks like the facilities are being improved. Electric sites are scattered around an open field, I am never happy being up against a large RV. I usually like to boon-dock which keeps me a bit more secluded. I’m returning again soon and I’m looking forward to another wonderful stay.

3+ car camping

Car tent camping. Big campground. Crowded even in late September. Sites are a decent size, but you’re really on top of one another here. We were lucky to find a spot that had empty sites on both sides (but people just on top of our site). Beautiful tall trees and shaded. Check in is sort of crazy. You have to drive a couple miles from the campground to the camp office to pick a site— which is difficult if you haven’t seen them. We picked one at the campground and I drove back to the office to claim it— hoping it wasn’t taken. It wasn’t. Also, sites are pretty expensive for camping— $38! Beautiful area tho.

Campground had a great fishing lake

We liked camping here. My kids went fishing and every cast they caught a fish, some were small… but hey the kids had fun. The sites are smaller and you definitely want to be on the top of the hill or right below the country store. The people from Sites 100 - 116 we mad, it rained and the water ran down hill. These people had a mess at there sites. We stayed at Site 15 and it was OK. The bath houses were a little different, you have to pay $.25 to take a shower. We weren't expecting that! But the pool was nice, they had bingo and a band palying both nights, horseback riding and the fishing lake was great. We will definitely be going back again. I heard Halloween weekend is great ;-) !

Wooded wonderland

Large campground with RV sites and Tent only. Wooded area lots of activities. Surprise find was the “camp store” . Amazing variety aisles full of any and everything you could possibly need (or not).

Lovely stay

Great park to stay in. Bathrooms are nice. Lots to do in the park. Sites are best in the 140-160 loop. Park employees are nice.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift