Fires Unknown
No Showers
Sixes River is located in Oregon
3 Reviews of Sixes River
Wonderful Southern Oregon Coast

I had no idea the Southern Oregon coast could offer so much . But way up here on the Sixes river it feels very remote.

The campground is dry , no water..but the sites are very well laid out with plenty space.

Had a few restful nights up here with the river and the stars as company.

Recommended place for solos or couples. Kids might get bored. But great for peace and quiet

Sixes River Rec Site

If gold prospecting is your thing, this is your campground. The campground sits right along the Sixes River where the South Fork enters and is the site of an old hydralic mine from the early 1900s. It is withdrawn and is open for recreational gold prospecting. Gold from small flakes to fines can be found.

The campground is small with only 19 sites. It is pure dry camping but does have 2 vault toilets. The sites have plenty of room but rigs over 30-35 foot in length may habe issues getting park. We have had the pleasure over the last 5 years to spend an average of 5-6 weeks there and enjoyed every minute of it.

Loved the River!

Sixes River located in Oregon is a great place to camp. It was a little confusing when we got there to check in because there is actually two different campsites in the same area. There is the Sixes River and also the Edson Creek. Thankfully, the people working there were super helpful and pointed us in the right direction. The campsites are really cool because they are right along the Sixes River (probably where the name came from!! :) ). There aren't very many campsites, so I would suggest getting there early to reserve your spot or go during a slower time of the month. The campsite had a great fire ring and also a picnic table. This was nice for my family because there were 7 of us total- so the picnic table was great. My family and I enjoyed the river- some people swam while others fished in the river. We also did some hiking around the area (we drove to a few different hikes but they weren't too far away). The sites themselves were okay- a little crowded and some garbage in places. They do have toilets on site as well as running water.