Jacksonville, OREGON

Camping Oregon Jacksonville

Most Recent Jacksonville Camping Reviews
Inaccurate photos

The photos listed here are NOT ACCURATE this is not big pine campground in southern Oregon

Best RV Park on the Rogue River

Looking for shade in the summer? Looking to camp on the river? Riverpark RV Resort is your answer. We have camped here 8 years before bing hired as camp hosts. We continue to live here at Riverpark and love helping our summer campers enjoy their stay in Grants Pass.

Believe me, the pictures on the website are really true and that is what the park looks like. 25 sites are right on the Rogue River. We are definitely the best park in Grants Pass.

Good location

Good location above the rogue river. Good views. Has alot of full and electrical hookups. However pretty busy road very close and has alot of vehicle noise.

Gorgeous Spot

I have yet to overnight camp here, but we have used this several times for day trips and it’s beautiful! My kids think there are fairies hidden around here it’s so pretty! The fall foliage mixed with the ferns is stunning, and even in the winter with a thin layer of snow on the ground it was still lovely. There’s so much detail with the leaves and ferns and water that the pictures really don’t do it justice.

Awesome little site.

This is a great little campground. A bit of a drive to the falls but that's okay.

Nice campground and lake

Peaceful. Love watching the water birds. Lots of trees. Even nice in the winter. Clean bathrooms and good hiking.

Perfect Winter Spot

Awesome lake access with a few different trails leading down to the water, or where it would be if the lake was full. Beautiful area and great areas for kids.

Great little campground

I went the first weekend in December and stayed one night. Had the whole place to myself and set up in one of the spots closest to the creek. There are fire pits and picnic tables at each spot. Had to pack everything in from the gate because it is off season but it was not difficult to do at all. I will be back hopefully with some snow next time!

Fantastic Fall Camping

I really enjoyed the 4 nights we stayed Nov ‘19. We fortunately had great weather, cool evenings/nights and warm days. I arrived before 5:00 without a reservation, picked a site, and called the county parks line to pay (I wasn’t thinking and didn’t have cash to pay on site). Very friendly person on the phone and very friendly camp hosts. The area is very dry right now and I look forward to camping there when there’s been some substantial rain. I didn’t use the showers, my friend did and said they were good, has a good layout. She did recommend shower shoes though. Overall I look forward to going again. It has what I want with access to things I like to do… hiking, kayaking, wine tasting, and campfires! We were in sites 24 and 25, great! The price was right too! $30/night

Amenities but gritty

We like to pick campgrounds that have extra amenities, like hot tubs or saunas. This one has both. The spa area is a nice add on to your stay. The facilities are old and therefore feel gritty. Which is the feeling that matches the campground. To get to the RV parking you have to drive/walk by the tent campers, which even off season, felt like those staying there permanently live in their tents and cars. Behind the RV parking is the area where full time residents live, which is also a bit rough. We didn’t feel unsafe, but we definitely didn’t feel like hanging out outside our RV or letting the kids play on the playground. If you go, don’t expect a resort. Think transient hippies and you’ll have your expectations aligned closer to reality.