The best TENT SITES camping near
Illahe , OREGON

Most Recent Illahe Camping Reviews
It’s ok, but Oregon does it better

This has been our least favorite Oregon state park. Oregon has done such an awesome job with their state park campgrounds that it makes us admit this one is not the best in comparison. It feels more like a city park, with the highway rushing along side the entire place, both the campground and the day use park. The walking/bike path through the grounds is a nice feature. The grounds are well kept and the restrooms are ok, but the way the sites are arranged makes you feel like you’re surrounded by other people on all sides. The campground was full the first week of March. (The A-loop was closed for winter but that A-loop did look like a better spot.) And maybe it was the particular people who were here that effected this review as well. It’s definitely a mixed bag of patrons. A few very nice rigs with retiree owners, but then there were trailers that did not even look road legal, as if they were sitting there rusting long term. Right next door to us was a very rough group of too many adults piling out of a van like a clown car with their mean barking dogs, who all appear to be in a situation possibly close to homelessness. First time we felt the need to lock our doors while we slept. This park definitely worked for an overnight stop, but we will not be returning here, especially when Oregon has so much more to offer.

Nice relaxing park.

Even fishing if you're interested. We tried boondocking in 2 spots close by, but couldn't keep our batteries charged. Otherwise, the casino has a dry lot with a 5 day limit for free, and there's a rest stop across I5 that is free too, and has a dog run. $29/n. for full hookup.

It’s ok

Friendly staff, have overnight spots. $40 in 2021 Noisy lumber yard or something nearby, noise goes all night.

Got my 1st reservations...Yay!

Can’t wait to visit in June

A perfect getaway

This was one of our favorite campgrounds! Sites in loop A are ocean facing within earshot of the crashing waves. Those are also the sunniest sites if you need to dry things out and/or are relying on solar. Nice paved spots, very clean, flush toilets, and HOT SHOWERS. You really can’t go wrong. There’s lots to explore along the beach across the street from the campground and then Samuel H Boardman state park just down the road has great hikes too (natural bridges was our favorite).

On the Oceanside of Highway 101

We have stayed here several times over the years. The beach is a short walk as well as the downtown area of Gold Beach. Gold Beach is located at the mouth of the famous Rogue River with world class salmon fishing. Our last visit showed the park with signs of the coastal elements tearing away at it’s soul. The sunsets are as beautiful as ever

All the amenities

I was really looking forward to staying here but left disappointed. Let's start with the good. The river is spectacular! We spent hours hanging in our tubes and swimming. There are showers, flush toilets and all the hookups you need. There are also cute cabins, which I wish we would have done. Now the bad. We pulled into an open spot and decided to go look at the river to decide if we wanted to stay. We couldn't have been down there 10 minutes, only to return to a note on our car from the campground host to pay immediately. And the family across from us wanted to know when we'd be leaving. A very rude and awkward way to start our time there. Let's just say they were not the friendliest neighbors. The camp filled up quickly and there was lots of activity among other campers at night, which made it hard to sleep. So if you are looking for peaceful and secluded this is not the spot. It caters to RV's, families and people that think they're "camping." I don't think we'd return. We would prefer the dispersed camping a bit down the river.

Nice location

We were looking for something more dispersed but this was nice. C loop was first come, pay in the envelope, easy enough. C4 was a nice quiet spot, full hookup, near warm private showers and bathrooms. There were more open spots without trees to give more privacy so if you want more cover head to the back loops. Close to town with lots of restaurant options. 1 minute drive down to the beach to run the doggies and check out beach goodies. We also drove up to national redwood forest trail for a beautiful 1 mile hike. Very nice and efficient spot!

Drive right on by!!!

I had a horrible experience here. The park is in really poor shape. The site has no pavement. It's all gravel, put down years ago with grass and weeds growing through the gravel in all areas and mud puddles prevail. The the"lawned" areas are the same with more weeds than grass. After signing up for a month, I get the"contract" that includes no refunds. I was also told that the facilities, such as showers and laundry were closed due to covid. Had I known, I would not have stayed. I should have checked out the previous reviews, as one visitor was evicted for the subjective claim that he was speeding. I was extremely conscientious about keeping my speed under the 5 mph limit, but was rudely confronted with one owner telling me that I was"flying through" the park. They said they trapped my on radar! After my resistance, they cut off my cable. I even started filming my speedometer to record that my speed was under their requested speed, but they threatened to evict me anyway. Then I found out from previous reviews that they've done this before. I think the object was to keep the money that I'd paid them for the month, kick me out and rent it to someone else. There are much nicer places to stay in Bandon with much nicer people. When I left, I drove down the street to another park for which I had made a reservation. When I arrived, they were on the phone with the owner of Robbin's Nest listening to their untrue complaints about me to destroy my reputation with them. Do not stay here!!! If you do, make certain you document the speed that you are driving through the park, but it's easier and less stress if you just drive on by.

Review of Campground Harris State Park

Excellent campground. The showers are free,clean and have heaters. The spots are nice with the bushes and trees making them semi private. A quick walk takes you to the beach. You can hear the waves crashing from the campsite. Very dark at night. Excellent for stargazing, not so much for setting up after dark. The people were very friendly.