Fires Unknown

$16.00 - $50.00
US Army Corps of Engineers
Juniper Point is located in Oklahoma
Directions
West Juniper 32843 Hwy 377, Gordonville, TX 76245 East Juniper 32744 Hwy 377, Gordonville, TX 76245 From Whitesboro, TX, travel 13 miles north on Highway 377. The campground is on both sides of the highway as the highway enters the Willis Bridge crossing into Oklahoma. The east side access is a contolled entrance park. The west side access is where the trailhead for the Cross Timbers hiking trail is located.
1 Review of Juniper Point
Waterfront sites. Not much privacy.

COE campground. $22/night which is cheaper than the usual $30 at COE campgrounds closer to the DFW area. About an hour and 20 minutes north of the Metroplex. There are actually 2 campgrounds in JP - Juniper Point East and West because they are divided by Hwy. 377. The road into Juniper East is paved with some curves, but no problems getting into the park even for the big rigs that I saw towing boats too.

I stayed on the East side 2 weeks after they reopened from the recent flooding which was substantial. It was also over 100 degrees! As far as I could see the flooding impacted many of the gravel sites which were not level and in some cases sloped off on one side. This was the case for my pad, but I just parked farther over. 30 amp hookup and water pressure was good. Sites come with a concrete picnic bench, campfire ring and a grill/camp stove/fish cleaning stand.

I camped in Site 29 which was at the end of the campground with direct Lake Texoma access and trees behind the site. There’s a mixture of trees, most of which are Junipers, thus the name ;) This makes for scant privacy between sites. I watched my neighbor clean his fish from my camp chair and was delighted by his 3 small dogs barking while he fished from the shore. Sigh…

On the plus side, there was a grassy area that sloped down to the lake which is better than poison ivy or dirt. The main positive for this campground is the location right on the water. Many of the campers pulled their boats up to shore and walked to their rigs. I could put my kayak in from my site as well. In addition, there are 2 boat ramps (one at East and West) and a bathhouse/toliets, but I didn’t use them so can’t speak to their status. I road my bike over to Juniper West. This meant crossing over Hwy 377 with traffic speeding by at 70 mph.  Juniper West appears to be the newer of the 2 campgrounds, with concrete pads. However, the dump station (for both East & West) is located directly across from 4 sites. These sites wouldn’t be my choice.

Lastly, Juniper West has a rockier shore and a higher elevation so there seemed to be more of a breeze. The video is taken of the Juniper West shoreline. This is also where the Cross Timbers trail head is located.  Great hiking for the area! I’m going to try camping at Juniper West and hike the Cross Timbers trail in the fall when it’s cooler.