Granite , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Granite Camping Reviews
And the foods good too

We stopped over night at this camp ground everything was very nice. Full hook ups and laundry. The owners are supper nice and very helpful. There is a nice walking path and they even deliver food from the kitchen to your campsite.

One of the best things in Oklahoma

What is there to say? Power, bathrooms, showers, and absolute beauty surrounds you. It's only a short drive from DFW. YOU WONT REGRET IT!

Affordable Hidden Gem

Bobcat Creek RV Park is a peaceful, well-kept property that won’t empty your bank account if you decide to stay the night, an entire week or a full month. They even have online booking!

The RV Park is located in the small town of Sayre, Oklahoma and is not far off the interstate. With full hookups and great rates, this family owned and operated park is the perfect spot to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

They have a walking path, laundry room and free WiFi along with an office/convenience store that has gas, diesel and propane exchange. Even with being close to I-40, the road traffic is only a light background noise.

The city of Sayre has a grocery store, two truck stops, RV/Truck self-wash bays, propane refill and fast food options. There are two local parks to take the family to and burn off some energy. If you need more big city options like restaurants or a Walmart, Elk City is a quick 15 minute drive down the freeway.

Dry Camping, Good Wildlife

Super simple to make a last minute reservation and check in quickly. No hookups at my $24 site. Pricey for dry camping IMO but felt safe, which is a priority for me. Fire rings and bathrooms/dumpsters. Saw some HUGE longhorns and bison on the open range and that was great. No service whatsoever Verizon or T-Mobile.. do not recommend if you have remote workdays!

Nice place

Good park lots of hiking, boating, wildlife, Nice spots,some have full hookups and some don’t,I’d go back

Locals Gem of Oklahoma

Absolutely wonderful camping and hiking!! Lots of camping spots - and most were well distanced for plenty of privacy. Due to COVID all spots require pre-registration online and only self contained vehicles are permitted (all bathrooms are closed). There is no service in the park, but about 2 bars next to the Visitor’s center (which is also closed), so be sure to reserve a spot before you get close to the park. Some sites are dry and some have electric hookups. No water available due to an ongoing E. Coli issue. The camp host was really nice and stopped by both nights we were there. There were lots of hikes and we are looking forward to coming back for an extended stay. For hiking, we loved 40 foot hole (nice waterfall) and Little Baldy for sunset. Wish we had been here a couple weeks earlier because I bet the trees would have been at peak fall foliage color. We saw long horns and bison several times, but unfortunately didn’t see any prairie dogs. We heard this park is mostly used by locals (~80 miles from Oklahoma City), and not many long distance travelers hear about it. Also heard there are great mountain biking trails.

Great RV Park!

Wonderful spaces with lots of room. Great walk around the lake. The little store offers a variety of things that you may need. Clean laundry room with easy access from all the sites.Dinner option was wonderful and we enjoyed it both nights we were here. Wish they had campgrounds like this through our whole trip!

Quiet respite!

Ducking off i-40 to the North, Foss State Park was a great place to stay the night. Larger town of Clinton, just SE of the park.
Concrete pads, water, 50 amp, picnic table and a great (grate) fireplace. Small trees shade the pads. Dark night sky, except for small city lights to the North. The communication from the Park station was pleasant and responsive to inquiry. A little windy, but typical for OK. Worth the short drive from i-40.

Great Stop

Nice clean county park! Staffed 7 days a week. Each site has water & electric, dump station in driveway. 50amp service $20.00 per night, 30amp service $15.00 per night. Most sites have covered picnic table. Would stop again.

Spectacular place to visit

Doris campgrounds are only open for RV campers due to covid so I couldn’t stay. Mount Scott had some pretty awesome views and I hiked the trail across the road from it by the bathrooms. There is a gate and a path beside it made from vehicle wheels. You can hike pretty far. There are several spots where you cross a creek which was good for my dogs or I think they would have died by the way they were panting lol. It was 91 degrees when I hiked it. Take 2 water bottles for yourself if it’s hot out! The trail ends at a beautiful lake with the mountain in the distance. I walked down to the lake so the dogs could cool off and drink for a while. Def loved taking it all in. There’s cattle but they didn’t mind us one bit.

I did see camping in town right before the blue water towers, along the river/creek there are tent camping spots and a lot of people were fishing. It’s just over the bridge and you can miss it. It’s not on the app so thought I would mention it in my review and added some pics of that area!