Nottingham , OHIO

Camping Ohio Nottingham

Most Recent Nottingham Camping Reviews
Quiet Park

This park is know for the lake that is kayak and canoe friendly since it doesn’t allow any kind of boat with a motor. It also features a beach , 2 playgrounds and several hiking trails. Just be careful if you hike with dogs since some trails intersect with a nature preserve which doesn’t allow pets.

The campground itself has 20 electric sites , 56 primitive sites and 4 camper cabins. All the electric sites are pull through and all sites have a fire pit but only the electric sites come with picnic tables.

Due to off season and COVID the camp store is closed and there is no camper host or park office staff around.

We did notice lots of downed trees on the poorly marked hiking trails. Some trails just started but no maps were around and no trails were blazed. It was hard to tell where we were headed or how long a trail was. I tried using the new Detour app and it wasn’t very accurate for this park.

We did have good Verizon cell coverage.

Good place

This place has a lot of seasonal campers and the ones we interacted with were nice. Some parts are more congested than others but not a horrible place to stay.

Great Trails

This is a park I have hiked at several times but this is the first time camping here. It a very limited campground. Only 17 electric sites and 43 primitive sites. The restrooms are pit toilets and there is no shower house. What they lack in amenities they make up for in scenery. They offer 10 hiking trails 9.7 miles of mountain bike trails. Also a disc golf course and playground. They are also close to the town of Yellow Springs which offers shopping, dining, and even its own brewery. Also some other area attractions are Young’s Jersey Dairy, Brandenberry Winery, Clifton Mills and Stillwrights Distillery.

What a horrible owner

What a dump. And what a horrible owner who told me I was "bitching" about the campground. I stayed one night after they put me down a steep hill that I barely got back up, near a portajohn, a run down permanent trailer and a construction site. It was pitch black and I would have had to unhook the truck just to drive to the bathhouse at the top of the campground hill. Even after I explained that I had traveled cross country with a sick dog and hadn't showered in 3 days. He wouldn't give me my money back when I checked out after 1 night even since I had prepaid for a week. For a lower price, you can stay 15 minutes west on Indian Lake. It's no wonder he is selling the place. He's running it into the ground with a bad attitude and dumpy spots.

Great place to relax

My family camped here last summer and it was a nice getaway. Nice pool and clean pond for swimming and fishing.

Unexpected happy surprise!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 3 nights. Loved our spot (a fellow camper asked if we knew the mayor to get it…we don’t). Some hiking right from the site. Access down the trails to the water. Loved the bat boxes along the trails by the local boy scouts. Great dog walking areas. Very quiet, low capacity. Thoroughly enjoyed the nearby Ntl Museum of the USAF.

Maybe they get better later in the season

It’s a KOA, but even for a KOA this one was sub-par. Granted, we visited in late March, and they may not have been at peak season form. But… The entry road is one lane. If you meet another vehicle someone has to back up. That’s just poor design. The roads in the campground need grading. Lots of holes and ruts. The site we were given wasn’t level, and it took a bit of maneuvering to get level. The “dog park” was a mud hole. The internet was extremely slow. And, like all KOAs, sites are very close together! However, on the plus side, the showers, bathrooms and laundry were Done all clean and neat. They have a pool (not open when we visited). Also a large playground, jumping pad and a small store. There was also grass between sites, instead of gravel, which is unusual for a KOA.

Quiet but close

Wonderful gem close to Caesar’s Creek and historic Waynesville. Sites are level with plenty of shade.

Friends and Fun

Great time with Great People! Very family oriented place. Pool is heated, spacious. Cornhole, playgrounds, basketball available. Live music on weekend. Walking trails to lake. Will be back!

Fun and Friendly

Very welcoming campground with many seasonal RVs. Everyone was friendly throughout the stay. Multiple fishing spots for young and old. Pool was relaxing with laid back feel. Would return.