The best GROUP camping near
New Madison , OHIO

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent New Madison Camping Reviews
A nice park. Electric only.

It’s a nice park for kids. Has a nice swimming pool. Easy trails. Nice playground. $5 firewood bundles. Mostly a weekender park. It is right next to a small craft airfield do it can get noisy at times and there is little wind protection.

Meh

The owner was nice when we were there. Not much to do, playground was closed due to COVID, he also said the beach was closed. But most of the campers live there. Its mostly run down campers. Years ago it was a lot of fun, they used to have four wheeler trails and fireworks on the holidays. Maybe it’s just a rough year considering we’re in a pandemic. It’s close to home so we may go back, it makes it easy to care for the farm when you’re only a short drive down the road.

Great mountain bike trails for all levels, near town of Yellow Springs

The campsite is next to the 12 mile set of mountain bike trails.  It is a great mountain biking/camping getaway.  The trails are easy, so for all levels.  Nice camping for families.  There is also a very nice children's playground near the campsite.

Close to the town of Yellow Springs, Ohio.

The sites are close together and not much privacy, but convenient.

Facilities are fine and there are nice outdoor fireplaces.

The mountain bike trails are all-purpose so you can enjoy hiking them also.  They are very well-maintained.

Weekend getaway

We have camped here a few times. Nice little weekend getaway, not sure we would choose for long lengths of time.

“Beach” and swimming area with water inflatables, and area to fish if you enjoy fishing. Several activities for kids. Campground is well kept and managed for the most part.

Horse Campground - Great

I came here and stayed in my tent (family had their horse trailer with camper) for a night during the chilly nights of October. I wish all campsites were like these - very, very spread out!

Totally makes sense given that you have large horse trailers/campers and also horses at each site, but even then, they were very spread out and had lots of great space to actually enjoy nature.

In terms of trails, there was a starting access point at the horse campground for horseback riding trails that also led to the horse barn, but if you are wanting to hike, you have to drive, unfortunately. Another flaw is that the bathrooms in the horse campground aren't modern and they're pit toilets. Even with the cooler weather, they still wreaked and were not pleasant to use.

Very Nice Campground

Very nice and clean Campground. The lot we stayed in was a good size and was right on the spring. The staff was very friendly and helpful!

Lovely, well maintained park.

Great tent sites on mowed lawn under old growth trees. Our night’s rest was interrupted multiple times with airport noise—airplanes and helicopters. Note that at this time (COVID) you cannot just pull in and occupy a site. You must call in for a reservation.

Great Campground

With this being my first time camping, I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really enjoyed my stay! I had spot 66 (non-electric standard) and I just had my tent and my car and I would definitely pick that spot again! It was absolutely stunning over looking the water with the trees turning colors. I went the first weekend in October so they had a lot of families there because they had all sorts of Halloween activities going on, so it wasn’t very quiet, but I still enjoyed myself. Got in on a Thursday and it was decently quiet that day. They have some play areas for kids, a few hiking trails and a wetlands, but most people were fishing and kayaking. There is a store, but I didn’t go in. Tons of spots to camp, from very secluded to right in the middle of the action. Very family friendly place. I think some small rules were broken here and there by some of the families, but it was just little things, so no harm no foul. Overall a great campground!

Outdoor expo

Best event in the area

Germantown/Twin Valley Trail backpacking

There's a great backpacking trail that's challenging and an easy middle meeting place for friends/family from Columbus and Cincinnati that can meet in Dayton Metroparks/Five Rivers - Germantown and take on the TVT challenge, beautiful hike through hilly terrain, and great spots of overlooks. Bring your pack and hiking poles and take advantage of trekking into the forest. Vault toliet, away from busy/crowded campsites and surrounded by nature. Access to a river for water source (bring your filter system) camp in a tent or hammock.