Camping in Fort Jefferson

292 Reviews of 59 Fort Jefferson, Ohio Campgrounds

Crystal R.
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Love it here

Totally delightful, some full timers and part timers, many parks and benches to sit on, nice disk golf course. Showers bathroom game room and general store. Nice owners they have church on Sunday. Hardly hear the humm of the hwy . Beautiful views of the surrounding farms . Fire pit and table. We…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Weird

Between the permanent residents being annoyed with the overnighters and the Jerry Springer style break up that happened. This place was weird. I do not recommend.

Ray G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Not Taking Tent Campers

Called abd they said they are not taking tent campers at this time.

Sitenone
Heidi D.
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Quiet and convenient

Stayed over the weekend and had a lovely relaxing time.

Pros: quiet, close to Brookville, lots of trails nearby, nice swimming beach Cons: hard to get a site next to the playground - it's kinda out of the way.

Loved our site - lots of trees for hanging a hammock and very roomy! Wouldn't book…

D
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

This was a decent campground

My wife our dogs and were at site 207 from 07/29/21- 08/01/21 camping in a Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 TB. The campground was ok, but away from activities. If we had a boat or bikes we would have been able to do many other things.

SiteQ09
Ben G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

It's a nice place to camp, depending on where you are some of the spots are too close together, would recommend trying to book in the F loop

SiteA-31
Ben G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Great place to camp

Great place to camp for both RV and tent camping, large beautiful lake and decent fishing

SiteA-31
Chris  H.
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Great time

Awe camp sites especially for our overland Jeep with an RTT

Month of VisitApril
NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Not bad, just disappointed

Visited twice in May 2021 (sites 54 & 39) bookending our camping roundtrip from Virginia to Kansas and this was one of the worst places we stayed. We lived in Dayton for a number of years and Yellow Springs is one of our favorite places. That being said, we were quite disappointed at the set…

Site39 & 54
c
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Lack of privacy

The campground was very crowded on a Saturday night in August. The non electric sites are in a pleasant grassy area, however, if you value privacy, take note that there is none. The facilities were clean. I did not get the opportunity to explore the rest of the park.

L
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

Impressive!

Super clean KOA with level gravel sites (no weeds popping up through gravel!) 2 Fenced dog areas, nice playground, game room, giant chess set outside, clean pool.. you name it, this KOA has it! I was impressed when Mike helped me back into my site.. it had a little wooden deck with a picnic table…

• One of two dog areas
  • Sites are large and level
  • Well kept sites
Connie P.
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2021

Camping is great!!

I remember coming here for years, in diapers even and I’m 47 now. Brought my kids and my grandkids. I have been there almost every weekend for the past 2 months. I absolutely love camping here and would recommend it to everyone. Thanks for so many good memories ❤️

Site98, 90, 204 just to recall a few
Micah W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

Great place!

We stayed here twice this summer ! We are planning more trips too!! Great location and very friendly campers!

K
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Infested Bathrooms

This campsite would have been perfect if not for the bathrooms littered with bugs, insects, and spiders. Otherwise, the campsite was quiet, the tent sites were nicely spaced out, and the bathrooms were easily accessible.