The best GROUP camping near
Sharpsburg , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Sharpsburg Camping Reviews
Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

A decent place to stay

I found this to be a decent campground . I stayed at tent site 12. The site was slightly uneven but it had a fire ring with grate, lantern pole and table. The tent pad was gravel. Water pump, trash and bathroom all in very close proximity. The bathroom was clean and hot showers. Lots of families with children. There are many hiking trails but many were unavailable due to flooding. Trail from campground to picnic area and large grassy field used for relaxing, frisbee and picnics. Phone service spotty at times but not totally unavailable. Overall a decent place to stay.

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Nutbush Area 3: Site 106

Not my favorite campground within the Kerr Lake State Park but still a nice campground. The staff could give a little more attention to the bath house cleaning. Sites are a little more crowded that some of the other parks. There is a boat ramp in the loop of the park that is usable but doesn't offer much room for parking. There is also a bridge the can restrict access to the main lake when the water level is up. Across the street is a larger camping Area 1 and boat ramp that is top of the line.

Beautiful water, a little cramped

Great safe spot for tubing, fishing, hammocking, swimming. Water felt great. Gorgeous sunset. Campsites are closely sandwiched between each other and since there's not a lot of tree cover I felt like I was sharing a campsite with 20 other people! Ranger drove by at least 3x a day but kept a distance. Bathrooms were nasty. I think I'd come back to Kerr Lake but not this campground.

Falls Lake State Recreation Area, Rolling View Campground

Man-made reservoir - Falls Lake is located in the upper portion of the Neuse River Basin. Nice shaded trails. Very nice park.

Okay but BUSY

We hadn't been camping since december of 19. Then came covid. We finally felt good enough to venture out and regain our hiking legs. We decided on falls because the trails are easy and it seemed like it would be a very chill place on the water. The boats start at 630 in the morning and go ALL night. People were partying until 330 am across the water at another loop, the camp host is located in that loop!!! I would say its a great spot if you like summer water sports. I'm guessing it gets much quieter in the fall/winter. The actual sites are spaced well with plenty of tree coverage. Our spot was on the outer rim with a path right down to the water to swim! Not the peaceful relaxing trip we had hoped for but it served its purpose of getting our unused gear out and making sure everything was in good order.

Beautiful! Scenic, Fun and Perfect!

Beautiful location with lots of varied sites. Some are more wooded, some have beautiful water views, all have water and electric, and some have sewage, pump out service is available. Fire wood delivery from Thumper is incredible. People are extremely nice, and we made lots of friends. A beautiful lake, perfect for fishing, tubing, wakeboarding… Has laundry, but machines weren’t great. I was a little worried about the first come/first serve site assignments, but it works out really well being able to choose your site. Highly recommend for singles, couples, and families with children. We brought our boat and the ramp is a bit steep, but the slips were great. Such a fun lake to explore.

One of the cleanest pools I have ever laid eyes on.

Tent sites with electrical hook ups right beside the river. There is a fish cleaning sink and a pier to fish from also. Small cabins are for rent here as well. This facility has one of the cleanest pools I have ever been in. Very well kept bathroom facilities with a laundromat as well. Very friendly staff and guests here as well.

Great campground

Lots of trees for shade and hammocks. Well maintained campgrounds and facilities. Friendly staff.