The best WALK IN camping near
Ocracoke , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Ocracoke Camping Reviews
Relaxing trip

Went in November which is off season. Very quiet. People were super friendly. Steps from beach. Beautiful pool and huge hit tub. Bar and cafe were closed for season. Great dog park. They were having problems with cable.went in and out. I wouldn't book an end site…..very small and too close to the road.

Feels like home

This campground was basically our summer home growing up! So many good memories! Had the opportunity to bring my husband and kiddos there and it was exactly like I remembered! ❤

FHU, 30/50amp and right on the beach!

BEst beach in US

Great campground if you are ready to fend off the bugs.

Can be windy and rainy.
The fresh fish in town is super for grilling.

Beach is empty (relatively.

Top notch facilities and spectacular views.

The facilities are top notch and the beach area is out of this world. Great spot for a quick get away or even longer. Get out there and enjoy the beauty that nature has to offer.

Typical beach campground

I’m use to camping in the mountains so the openness of a beach campground was not some thing I enjoyed. But that being said this was one of the nicer campsites we stayed at in the Outer Banks. It was quiet clean and very close to the beach. You could also ride your bike into town on a bike path which was very convenient. They’re doing a lot of work on the campground. The night we stayed they were going to repave the roads and they’re working on the bathrooms. The stars were amazing at night and it was very quiet unlike the other campgrounds we stayed at in the Outer Banks later on our trip. I would stay here again.

Very quiet spot in the woods

Very helpful and friendly owners that live just off the camp grounds if you need anything. I stayed in a spot nestled in the woods. Very quiet. Good spot for a night or two

Nice beach access

Smaller campground which we liked, on the beach. Restrooms older but clean. Quiet at night, ocean breezes. Owner allowed us to change check in date with no penalty. Sunrise at Cape Hatteras the highlight!

Extremely cramped & unsafe

We rolled in today for a four night stay at Ocean waves Campground. Based on the reviews we thought it would be great place. Everything went fine in check in. However when drove in, it was the tightest, most crowded campsite we’d ever seen. When we got to our site we saw that it was incredibly cramped and was a 90° back in with too many cars at adjacent sides to make it even possible to make the turn.

Additionally, our site (that was to accommodate our trailer and a tent) was a small concrete pad surrounded by grass that was under several inches of water. The electrical hook up post was in a huge puddle unsafe to navigate.

While the adjacent campers in full Trump regalia looked on, I booked a site at the adjacent KOA. Staff was grouchy at my insistence that the site would not do and was unsafe, but did refund all but one nights stay.

Simple, oceanfront

Fabulous location! Getting there is half the fun. Take a 2 hour ferry ride to the island. Drive through the quaint town to get to the secluded campground. Huge dunes between campground and beach. Sites are well spaced. Hardly any shade so take your own, if you can. Just across the street, on the other side of the island, is the bay. Water is less than knee deep for as far as you can see….a fun place to play! No hookups and only cold water, primitive style showers.

Perfect spot on the sound

This is our favorite campground. Small, quiet, and everyone is respectful and friendly. The sunsets on the sound can’t be beat and everyone makes you feel like you’re at home.