The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Laboratory , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Laboratory Camping Reviews
Great Camping

Had a relaxed awesome camping trip at Ebenezer.

A great friendly place for prospecting, relaxing, & to eat!

We love it here at the Lucky Strike Gold & Gem Mine! It is quiet & peaceful mixed with prospecting for gold & gems. The river runs along some of the sites. During the season there's normally (minus covid) music night on Tues, potluck dinner on Thurs, and Bingo on Fri. The atmosphere here is very friendly. There's a Miner's Diner on site that serves up some great food & sweet tea! Cell service is a little sketchy from the mountains but service that runs off T-Mobile is full signal. I recommend staying here any time of the year!

Nice views but....

We stayed in July 2019. For a NC state park, some of the sites are a little close to each other. It is well known that NC parks do not allow alcohol, so we did not bring any.

The camp host was a little insulting with how they kept on checking on us over and over and over and reminding us that we can't drink. We weren't even playing music or making noise. And we weren't drinking. It was just the two of us, and we are experienced campers, so… We know better.

I'd go back and give it another try,but having to insist that we weren't breaking rules… I felt like a kid in Catholic school all over again and frankly, I do not go camping with the goal of re-living that.

Kings mountain National military park

Sweet little 4 mile hike back to a primitive camping area. There is one designated area but we passed a few campsite scattered along other areas of the trail. The National park sits back-to-back with the state park and is joined by a nice trail.

Good Times at the Gorge!

These are pretty decent sites. You just pull off the road, set up and enjoy the camping experience.
We hiked down to the gorge and also enjoyed the dispersed camping available right along the riverside, which was pretty cool but… that hike back up is a DOOZY especially with a pack on. I would recommend it. The payoff of the views is highly worth any trail difficulties.
This was a really clean, well respected area. I liked to see that most other campers were clearly doing their part to Leave no Trace.

Great local spot

Great campground. Rates have gone up to $20 a night as of 4/1/21

Pleasantly Surprised

We stayed here for a weekend in March 2021 and were surprised at how much we liked it. There are lots of trails close to the campground with one around a lake and a stream off of it. Facilities were very well maintained. Only downside not all lots level and some stumps that were hard to manuver around to park and to leave spot.

Picturesque and spacious

My husband and I spent Thankgiving at one of the Table Rock backcountry sites and couldn't have loved it more. Our site at picturesque views of the mountains and a convenient fire ring.

Very Nice

This campground is a very nice place. Although it rained the entire weekend we still had a great time. The staff is excellent. When we first arrived, they escorted us to our site. When we got to our site, the previous tenants dumped their raw sewage on the ground. The guy who escorted us immediately had someone come and clean it up and they even snaked the sewage pipe just in case. Our site backed up to the creek which was amazing! We went in the fall so all the activities were done for the year. We will defiantly be back in the summer time!