The best BOAT IN camping near
Green Level , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Green Level Camping Reviews
Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Beautiful, Convient, Serene with an amazing staff!

I have been at this camp ground for nearly two weeks. Every Ranger and employee I’ve interacted with has been amazingly professional and nice. The facilities are kept in pristine shape regarding cleanliness and upkeep. The campers have all been friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for a close getaway in the Raleigh area, this is the place to go!!

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Quiet, small lakeside campground

Stayed one night in site 002. which had hookups (water/ electric) but no lake view. Beautiful small campground, very quiet. Lakeside campsites didn't have electric but were beautiful, would be worth trying to book. I like lots of privacy, site 2 had a lot of privacy, site 1 probably had the most of any I saw. Very nice check-in person at the gate, very helpful.

Unlevel & messy

We made a mistake. My wife and I are moving to North Carolina, and we were looking for a place to stay for a month in the Asheboro area. I checked around and Deep River was the only local campground with long-term sites available, so I made the reservation. The owner, Scott, was very helpful throughout the reservation process and we thought we were going to have a good experience.

When we showed up, Scott met us at the office and he took us to the "most level site" he had available. I was a little concerned from the start because the sewer pipe was sitting at a 45 degree angle and it was half buried in the ground. I had to help dig out the pipe and when I looked inside I noticed the connection was broken and any drainage would  have leached directly into the ground. Additionally, the sewer connection was more than 40 feet from the center of the site and I only carry 30 feet of line, so we had to back way up in order to hook-up. Unfortunately, that meant that our primary slide was within 3 feet of a giant pine tree so there was barely enough room to open it. Another problem with being so far back in the site was how unlevel the camper was. It took a while for me to get the trailer unhitched and by the time I had it nearly level, I had used all of my blocks and the jack was extended to the maximum height. Needless to say, I did not feel very comfortable with the arrangement and I was really starting to question whether or not to stay.

Then I started looking around at the site and there was trash everywhere with broken pieces of metal and half chewed dog bones strewn about. I looked at my wife and I could tell she was not happy. So I got on my phone, called another campground and made reservations. Scott was understanding, he tried to talk us into trying another site but by that time we had decided to move on. I will give Scott credit, he didn't charge us a cancellation fee, so that was good.

A quick note, the WiFi was limited to close to the office and we would have had to pay Spectrum for a monthly internet connection. Also, Verizon cell coverage was weak.

Okay but BUSY

We hadn't been camping since december of 19. Then came covid. We finally felt good enough to venture out and regain our hiking legs. We decided on falls because the trails are easy and it seemed like it would be a very chill place on the water. The boats start at 630 in the morning and go ALL night. People were partying until 330 am across the water at another loop, the camp host is located in that loop!!! I would say its a great spot if you like summer water sports. I'm guessing it gets much quieter in the fall/winter. The actual sites are spaced well with plenty of tree coverage. Our spot was on the outer rim with a path right down to the water to swim! Not the peaceful relaxing trip we had hoped for but it served its purpose of getting our unused gear out and making sure everything was in good order.

Love

It was a great place to stay!!!! Can’t wait to go back!!!!

Hike In campground for MST hikers

I spent a night in Shinleaf walk in campground in April as part of a backpacking trip along the Falls Lake MST trail, sections 8-12. The fact that it doesn't have vehicle access to the sites makes it somewhat not popular with the usual camping crowd. It's a pretty big campground, but when I was there it was mostly empty. My site had the lake view and I spent the evening watching the sunset on the lake, it was amazing.

The bathroom was clean. I didn't use the shower, but I think it was available.

It's a great spot if you backpack MST or otherwise don't mind taking your stuff from the car to the site on foot.

I booked site 39 and it was great, I also remember that the two adjacent sites 37 and 38 were connected and could serve as a great spot for a small group.

Clean,affordable, and friendly staff

Took a weekend trip to Deep River Campground in Asheboro, NC. Very well kept, level spots, pet friendly, big rig friendly with pull through and back-in sites available. Full hook-ups (50 & 30 amp). Fire pit and picnic tables at each site. About $40 a night, no deposit required. With weekly and monthly rates as well. 2 pools (currently closed due to covid), game room, store, and private pond. Located minutes away from multiple trail heads. We were on lot 20, which is a double space designed for a larger rig, very private with lots of shade.

📷 @packupandgo_rv