About Storrie Lake
Storrie Lake is located in New Mexico
5 Reviews of Storrie Lake
State park

Nice state park. We dry camped with water site

Basic but good! Primitive $8

It’s not fancy but I like that. Lots of open space, a lake for great fishing -requires day fees. Adobe style covered picnic shelters at campsites (ex basic tent). Reasonable fees. Nice park ranger! RV hookups.

Beautiful area but terribly maintained!

This could be a 5 but a 2 is all that I can muster. They shut off ALL water on October first and fail to put that into the reservation site or make it clear at the self pay. The gate closes at 5PM after Oct 1 also. NO CODE to re-enter! The folks that run this place need to powwow with their other State Park counterparts to make major improvements. The vault toilet had not been maintained since 8/26/18. This was October 5th…. The views and individual shelters are great. Please someone fix this place up. It could be so much more.

People Don't Respect Campground

When I stopped in this campground I was checking out the lake in general to see what kind of quality it would have, not really familiar with this area and I had seen it in passing. I was traveling through during the week and it wasn't very crowded but it seemed as though the people who had been staying at the facility really didn't have a lot of regard for the land around the lake. It looked pretty junky and the few people I did see who were still staying looked more like they were squatting than camping. Trash was littered all around their site like they had been on a multi day bender party. Not the best site to see when you pull into a campsite and it didn't look like anyone was enforcing any of the rules around camp.

With that being said camping here is very inexpensive only $8 for a primitive site and to get a fully serviced site for a night for an RV is only $18. There are several site types available in between those two options, and for the money in this area it is the most inexpensive camping I found.

They do offer in addition to camping, trails, boating and lake activities and play facilities for children. When I was there the lake itself looked pretty clean, although in comparison to their website photos it was not near as blue or well kept.

I could see the bones of this campsite were set in place for it to be a solid 4 or even 5 but with the condition it was in when I visited a 3 is pushing it.

Nice lake

Big lake great to go into water.