The best WALK IN camping near
Mays Landing , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Mays Landing Camping Reviews
First Camping Trip

This was my daughters and I first camping trip. The place seemed like it was alot of regulars so it had a community vibe. The staff was very accommodating and gracious. The onsite stores prices were very inexpensive which surprised me. Halloween decorations were the best. The playground was great my daughter really enjoyed the scavenger hunt. The miniature golf course could have been maintained better, but it was so inexpensive I couldn't consider it an issue. Our tent site was right next to the pond. It was a Saturday and they were rocking. I dont know if the person playing the music was a professional DJ, he was incredible. He has to be the greatest campsite DJ ever. It was definitely a vibe. If he's not on the payroll and the owners read this the person playing the music Oct 3rd deserves some sort of compensation.

RV Park with some tent sites

We stayed in the small tent loop at this private, primarily RV resort. First, the good stuff: The tent loop was empty for our 5 night stay with the exception of night 1. We were at site F17.

Bathrooms were cleaned multiple times each day, showers were warm.

There is a laundry facility. It's about $6 to wash and dry a load. There is no change machine that we could find.

If you have kids that are aged 6 and up, they are going to love this place.

Staff were nice and made several trips to the tent loop to make sure all was well.

Electric hookups at every site!

Baby turtles were hatching when we arrived.

And now the stuff we didn't like:

Well, it's an RV resort. The tent loop is crowded, site-wise, and I cannot imagine how packed together you'd be if every site was full.

The signage is almost non-existent. We drove right by the tent loop twice and there are no obvious "Loop A" etc signs. The tent loop is all the way in the back next to the pond.

If you are arriving after office hours, 6pm or so, you have to call to get a gate code. Otherwise, you are locked out.

Everyone has a golf cart and will drive into the tent loop to look at you as if you are a wildebeest and they're on safari.

Parents of small children and toddlers: the tent loop is surrounded by water on 3 sides. There is no safety fence. The water is mostly standing water so expect mosquitoes.

Site F 17 is the lowest point of the tent loop,which won't be a problem unless it rains. Unfortunately, it rained 3 inches one day and I literally dug a trench around the tent to keep it dry. F15 is on the high side and slightly larger site, request it if you can.

On Saturday night, there is a DJ and a dance party from 7-10 pm. It is extraordinarily loud and somewhat impossible to navigate a car through that many people. Plan on staying out of the resort or completely inside if you are up for it.

(I'm sorry for the photos; I didn't have my phone and had to use someone else's phone to take photos.  It was also torrentially raining so I didn't venture outside of the canopy!)

Memories

Been going here for the past few years and had some of the best times ever

Friendly management but ...

Stayed for a long weekend with the family. Management at the front office/store were very nice and welcoming. Camp sites were very tight together. The seasonal sites were a little routy but didn't keep us up too late. Kids loved the fishing pond and exploring fantasy island. Found out too late that the train only ran on the weekends, kids were pretty bummed.

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.

Great Campground

I liked this place. Despite the shutdowns with Corona, they made every attempt to hold activites every day. You had to sign up for pool slots, but there was plenty of openings. Pool was lovely and well maintained. There is an 11 mile rail trail across the street as well. The negative would be the number of long term sites, but the campground was overall clean and the staff were all very nice.

COVID camping

The campground is fine. Bathrooms seemed as clean as a state park during a global pandemic can get… my frustration came with the noise level and the site I booked. Sites 14, 16, 59, and 57 (I think) all share a common area. It lacked privacy and our inconsiderate neighbors partied alllllll niggghhtttt llooonngggg as well as many other people in the South campground. After 10pm, the music volume was high and campers were LOUD. I was smart enough to bring earplugs. It's buggy… to be expected but the general vibe here was not my thing. People here just wanted to get sloshed and loud. I wanted a place to crash after hiking and going to the beach all day. 🤣 Mostly my mistake for picking the site I did from lack of familiarity of this campground. Probably will not be back, unless during the week and a more secluded site.

Great place

The entire family had fun. Kids were super happy abouts all the activities this campground has to offer. Staff is great as well.

Was ok

Check in was easy but the roads are narrow and we had a hard time getting on to site 145. We had seasonals in front and behind us who weren’t very friendly and one woman looked annoyed we were there. Our neighboring transient campers were very nice. The campground is PACKED! Very busy with kids and golf carts-even kids driving golf carts. We didn’t take advantage of any of the activities and I heard a band playing Sat night, although it was hard to hear over the music each seasonal group seemed to be playing. If your a young party goer, than this could be a fun place. Just wasn’t our thing. We did have a great time tubing on the river. Have someone drop you off at Hawkins Bridge and float down to the campground. A little over 2 hour ride.

A trailer park with a very nice staff

Pros… Located right next to six flags great adventure. Staff is very nice! Lots of sites for RVs and tents. Lake, mini golf, golf cart rental, huge pool, snack stand, small store Packed with food & everything you could possibly need for camping. Bathroom/ showers were decently clean.

Cons… Small camp site. Fire ring seemed to be an old truck rim (no grill, but they'll sell you one 🙄). Old beat up picnic table in the weeds. No privacy. Could definitely be maintained a little better. Trash in the lake, old out of service chairs, boats, and junk next to the lake. Didn't seem to be any hiking trails. Due to covid restrictions the pool was limited to 71 people at a time and was plenty crowded! I'd hate to see it at full capacity! After 2 hours of swimming a panty liner was spotted floating around. We alerted the staff who then came, picked it up and threw it out. We left in disgust. There was a group campsite of about 30 people a few sites down from us that partied like the world was ending and basically ruined our stay. Complained to staff multiple times and every time they warned the rowdy site. Staff was very apologetic to us and even comped our groceries. I got the impression that a lot of the trailer campers live there year round (or maybe just the summer). You walk around, meet some people and it seems a little like a trashy trailer park. Then the rowdy campers. Is this place a trash magnet? Again the staff was really nice and tried their best but I wouldn't go back. Oh and the wood they sell you is dog shit! Only time I've ever seen a burning log go out on it's own after a few minutes.