Camping in Kuesters Lake

60 Reviews of 11 Kuesters Lake, Nebraska Campgrounds

Michael P.
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Great, but no toilets

For tent campers South Park is a great little spot. Shelter and power.

Water outlets were locked save 1.

No toilets or Porta Potties.

If RVing, you'll need to go to the town hall to get the septic and water unlocked.

kate ..The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

easy I80 stopover

Fairly pleasant, easy, and freee place to crash on my way west. Other reviews really cover all the information worth sharing.
Special thanks to the two guys that shared their pancake and sausage breakfast with me. Hope y'all had a great trip!

Danny H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Nice location if you want to hike or fish

This is a general parking area for folks that want to fish, or use the beautiful, paved and lit hiking trail. However, it is close to I-80, so traffic noise is bad at night.

A Z.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

"Pioneer Village" terribly neglected.... I hope it changes.

We had reservations for 1 night, but the 4 of us even though tired from 7hrs. on the road, unanimously elected to push on to find a safe place elsewhere. This was such an enormous disappointment especially to my wonderful wife who had shared such happy and vivid memories of what "Pioneer Village"…

Frana B.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Great overnight spot!

Free. No facilities. Flat, established, wide dirt road. Multiple pull offs for camping, mostly flat. Cross a bridge to get there - dual axel limit 10 Tons. Trailer limit 23 Tons. Next to I-80 so some highway drone. Max of 3 days in 6 day period.

Great overnight spot! Such a nice surprise to…

Abby M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

Lovely stay with amenities galore but noisy

Wow! This place has it all. Picnic tables, trash bins, water hookups, electric hook ups, flush toilets, dump station, and WiFi. ALL FOR FREE! Stayed late April and I wasnt the only camper, average of 3 other campers per night. Sites are very close together but other campers were respectful and…

Bohdan T.
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2021

Beware of Possum

Basic primitive campsites along a gravel road, no fires, can stay up to 3 nights max, and is about 200 yard from the interstate. So I wouldn't recommend this spot if the highway noise bothers you.

A fat possum waddled up to me when I was setting up my tent in the dark since I pulled up to this…

Doug W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2021

Nice state park just off the highway

Just a quick one night while passing through.  Easy access, paved and good cell coverage.  We only had power but we didn't need more than that.  Any size rig can find a spot there.  Would stay again.

Month of VisitNovember

Clean and Peaceful

I was surprised how quite the sites were with it being so close to I80. The shower and bath houses are very clean. There is lots to keep kids busy ... our 3 year old spent most of the evening catching toads.

Lots of Nature

We stayed late in the season on a very cold weekend. The site was empty since the weather was so cold. Plenty of nature to get lost in. It was also decorated from the Halloween party. There were 4 ponds and the river is a short trail hike away.

Small and Peaceful

We visit this camp ground multiple times a year. It is a donation camp ground with electric hookup (30 & 50 amp). The city park is a quick walk. Wonderful little site, be aware there is train tracks that run next to the park. While there are not a lot of trains that go through you will hear a…

Chelsea R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2020

Great Little Campground!

We made a pit stop here on the way North and were impressed with this hidden gem. There's about a dozen RV spots with electric hookups, a public bathroom, picnic areas, folfing, and several playground areas. You pay what you can for a donation, with a four night limit.

Barry M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2020

Great Location to Relax!

Always a great place for a weekend get away!  Kids love to explore on their bikes.  Nice trail to the Platte River.  Just a nice escape location!

Month of VisitNovember
Avery R.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

A special place

Found this campground The Dyrt. 10 or so RV sites and a large tent area. Tent area require walking in (which I wasn’t prepared to do) so I opted to pay thenRV fee and set my tent up in the grass near my car. Nice spot.

Rebecca S.
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2020

Perfect family place

Upper big blue is fantastic at the upkeep of the lake. They are non invasive and polite. Only thing I would change is having showers. Daily fees $15 And you can stay up to 14 days. They have around 10 hookups for RVs and a large area for camping with separate bathrooms. They also have a pavilion…