Camping in Wildwoods

259 Reviews of 24 Wildwoods, Missouri Campgrounds

Gregory
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Great Secluded Campground

I spent the weekend here mid September. It was a nice place. Quiet and secluded. On the creek side, every campsite has trails leading to the creek. There is a vault restroom if needed, each site has a paved parking spot big enough for my truck and 25ft camper. I would say it could fit up to…

Month of VisitOctober
L
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Hidden gem

this campground is a little gem. has a great river access.  the sites are nice and spacious

• Play button icon
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great for those who want to be alone

This is an olen camping area as it’s in a conversation area. There are no sites you just pick your spot. We had a great time exploring the outdoors- saw no other people and only heard nature and airplanes

Month of VisitApril

Beautiful scenery

I used to take groups of campers here and it was one of their favorite-!typically a quiet campground

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Can’t wait to come back!

This may be one of my favorite campsites!! Our campsite was very private and I appreciated the cart the park supplied to move our gear to the site. We had some skunk visitors overnight. There’s a great River to swim in, phenomenal ranger led programs, a great playground and nice trails. It makes…

• Starting our hike
  • Great playground
  • Swimming and jumping
    Play button icon
SiteWI-3
A

Great Campground for the Night

I only stayed at the campground for one night, but it was lovely. I had a tent/car setup. Nice electric and water access, and a picnic table with fire pit. Bathrooms were clean. Just be alert for bears and other interesting animals.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Beautiful spacious camping

Beautiful woodland setting with large concrete pads and nice grave picnic spot with fire pit. There’s a couple nice lakes with big beaches great swimming for the kids and you can rent a canoe or a kayak to paddle around on the lake. If you have an off-road vehicle there’s many trails for you to…

• You can rent a kayak or canoe for the day
  • Designated swimming area great for kids
  • Swimming beach at Monsanto Lake
Mike and Michelle B.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Beautiful quiet

Our space was away from the big loop which was cram packed but pretty quiet. Trails were great but cave was closed while we were there.

Justin T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Great spot, little crowded

Great location with easy access to trails. Drive in spot, fire ring, latern holder, and restrooms make it convenient choice. Only real downside is the spots are fairy close together providing minimal privacy.

Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

I’m here for River but I’ve heard the cave is nice.

We’re more River focused than interested in a cave during a pandemic. So, I dunno about the cave.

Good river access, logical layout, standard Missouri state park fees and layout. The wifi got knocked out during a flood and may not be replaced.

m
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Fun times

It was great. Fishing was really good. Staff was very nice and helpful.

Site#1 primitive tent
Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Good for ATV’s, also good for horses and people.

So, as one of Missouri’s atv parks, this can be a load one. But, you can camp at campground 2, and you’re dealing with a MUCH more classic camping scenario. The park is big enough you don’t hear the small engine vehicles over here.

The campground 2 sites are set up for horses, something I know…

Nicole H.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Favorite campsite

We camp here multiple times over the last five years. Great staff, lots of things to do,

multiple different floats and a great tube loop.

D'Ann D.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Peace in the forest

Love it here it is quiet and peaceful but not too far away from the main road