The best RV SITES camping near
Puxico , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Puxico Camping Reviews
Hit or maybe miss

I had a great time but it was off season. In peak times it would be easy to be stacked on stacks …

Pretty lakefront camp sites

Pretty scenery. Kind of crowded though.

Very nice and clean.

Big Creek is very nice setting with all the amenities, including Wifi and Laundry facility. Great little pool in middle of park. Spots were clean and easy to back into or pull through. A little too close to one another for my liking, but well put together and level. Camp Host very nice and helpful woman and prices were reasonable, especially for firewood and propane. Great little hiking/ biking path along creek that runs along park. Be advised, not a lot of supplies nearby. Make sure you bring with you.

We went day after Labor Day and had no problem and she got us in early. Stayed 3 nights.

Verizon worked ok. T- Mobile very poor.

Real nice RV Park with easy access

Real nice RV park orientated toward rigs of all sizes. Easy to navigate the roads, with every site level concrete. ATT & Verizon both worked fine. Wifi & cable included in the price. 10% discount for Good Sam, military & seniors. Right off a hiway (W) and a bit noisey, but all in all a nice park, especially for a night over. Sites are reasonably spaced, many with large trees. Not real far off 55. Would stay here again for a nioght ofer and even an extra night. They also have a dog park area.

Huge!

Very large, open place with the river close to most campers. I never floated here but I'm sure it's quite the party!

Gorgeous in the Fall

My group and I camped in two of the basic sites in Asher Creek campground and we couldn’t get enough of the front-row lake view! The sites closest to the lake are very level, and everyone in the campground is only a short walk from the cleanest park restrooms I’ve ever seen. If you’re like me and are just doing basic tent camping, I’d recommend a pop-up canopy for the table area since there is not a lot of tree cover in those sites. Overall, an excellent place to camp!

Perfect Tent Primative

Gorgeous quiet area by the river. Great easy hiking. We stayed at group camp and it was just my husband, me and our dog.

Free, primitive campground, loud partiers

Got here on a Saturday night in late September and both of the campsites were available. Campsites consist of a clearing with a fire pit and a picnic table. No litter. No toilets. Very slow and spotty AT&T service: I was able to text but not access the Internet. The area is very pretty. Soft ground for staking a tent. Bugs were alright, no need for bug spray. There’s water access at the pond, but it’s obviously stagnant and very brackish. Big downside was a convoy of Jeeps full of partiers rolled down to the pond at 12:30am and hung out down there blasting music for an hour, which is a real sleep ruiner. This might be a local party spot, so be aware and maybe pack earplugs if you’re coming on a weekend. Upside is that it’s in a National Forest, so if both sites are taken, you can always dispersed camp

Great Missouri SP

Just spent the weekend with my family at Sam A Baker (SAB). We stayed at campground 2. Spot 145 and had plenty of shade and space. There are two traditional camps and one equestrian. The park is crowded but that’s because of how great it is. Lots of paved walk/bike trails around the park. If you forget your bike no problem you can rent one for $5 a day! The visitors center was neat. The general store has everything you need and a restaurant attached where you can get breakfast, lunch and dinner. We spent some time on the gravel bar which was a short walk from our campsite. The water on Big Creek was clear, shallow, and not too cold. I would recommend this state park to any family looking to camp.

Perfect Family Campground

The state of missouri does an amazing job providing opportunities for families to enjoy the beauty of nature. Nature programs for kids and parents to learn. Well kept facilities. The ice cream is just a bonus. This is by far my favorite campsite for the kids.