The best BOAT IN camping near
High Ridge , MISSOURI

Most Recent High Ridge Camping Reviews
Camping

Likes: Onondaga state park campground is one of my favorite camping spots in central Mo. The campground is very nice and clean and pads are level and all concrete with 50amp service and water hook ups. Very peaceful and friendly people. Dislikes: I’ve camped in a dozen sites at least there and never had a problem when it rained a little bit (rains ever time I go camping seams like!!) last week I stayed in site #65 and it sucked!!! The site has no run off and all the water collects on the concrete pad so there we sat. Walked out of camper and at least 2-3” inches of water stood on concrete pad with mud everywhere!! Finally after a day are so I couldn’t take it. ( I have 2 boys that wanted outside as well as myself) I went and bought shovel and started digging little ditiches so water would run way from camper.. With it being October it didn’t get real warm so the water was there for three days.. The one day it did get nice and sunny the yellow jackets and lady bugs where so bad that you had to watch every move you made.. The next day the camper was covered on the inside with lady bugs everywhere.

I will definitely return camping there but will avoid site #65

My fav!

Beautiful place!

Many walking/cart paths. Great shop and fishing!

Nestled in the trees

Some of the spots are close together but it seems to be that way because they kept as many natural trees as possible! We enjoyed the buddy sites so that our front doors faced our friends and the hookups were on the outside of each campsite. They also had group buddy sites that allowed four rigs to all front doors to face each other all being pull through sites.

My family also enjoy the Floating Trees ropes course. It was supposed to be about 2 hours but the instructors let them go an extra 45 minutes without anyone feeling rushed.

Great location but NO PHONE SERVICE (ATT)

The campground is great.  Most of the sites are flat and paved.  The campground is right next to the Meramec River.  There is WiFi available but it is not reliable.  The cell phone service is virtually non-existent.  We had planned to work from here and had to cut our visit short.

Great For Adventuring

Whether you’re at one of the 25+ lakes in area, one of many beautiful trails, the mysterious WWII bunkers or the scenic roadways, Weldon Spring offers many an escape in the middle of town. Popular amongst marijuana users as the area is so big and close to the large sub-urban area nearby. It’s clean and a great spot for a group or individuals any time of the year.

Well maintained

Camped here for two nights over a weekend. Grounds are clean and well-maintained. The bathhouse was clean and stocked. Could use another toilet during peak season, but otherwise better than adequate.

Fire pits have hinged grates that are in fairly good shape. You probably don't want to lay food directly on top of them, so bring cookware.

Sites were clean. Don't leave anything food-related laying out overnight, the raccoons will get it.

Staff was helpful and friendly.

Fun weekend

Great access to river. Stayed on the family side and had a great time. Staff super helpful and upbeat, everyone looked like they wanted to ACTUALLY be there. Would definitely go back.

Ozark Outdoors

Ozark Outdoors provides our small group with a great environment and a beautiful 10 mile float. Camping was a little cramped, but it was still enjoyable. I want to go again and experience the other amenities that are offered such as high ropes and horseback riding.