The best BOAT IN camping near
Greenville , MISSOURI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Greenville Camping Reviews
Canoe and Kayak Hotspot

My family always camp there during Memorial Weekend while growing up. This camping ground is right by the river. This place has transformed where they offer little but of everything and reserve ahead of time. I highly recommend you reserve canoe or Kayak at time of your camping reservation. If you love to stargaze then head out to open land and enjoy the night sky and bring a telescope.

Riverfront campsites, beautiful spring-fed waters, clear water

We loved our waterfront campsite.  We had a section of the river to ourselves and it was a large private spot.

The site was rocky, so mats would be hard (but we had an air mattress, so we were fine).

The water is spring-fed and very clear and beautiful.

Be sure to visit the nearby springs and sites of the recreational area.  The springs are so deep blue and dramatic against the rocky cliffs.

Hearing the sounds of the river and the chirping birds at night was amazing.

It was a bit buggy but we were prepared.

Huge!

Very large, open place with the river close to most campers. I never floated here but I'm sure it's quite the party!

Gorgeous in the Fall

My group and I camped in two of the basic sites in Asher Creek campground and we couldn’t get enough of the front-row lake view! The sites closest to the lake are very level, and everyone in the campground is only a short walk from the cleanest park restrooms I’ve ever seen. If you’re like me and are just doing basic tent camping, I’d recommend a pop-up canopy for the table area since there is not a lot of tree cover in those sites. Overall, an excellent place to camp!

Great Missouri SP

Just spent the weekend with my family at Sam A Baker (SAB). We stayed at campground 2. Spot 145 and had plenty of shade and space. There are two traditional camps and one equestrian. The park is crowded but that’s because of how great it is. Lots of paved walk/bike trails around the park. If you forget your bike no problem you can rent one for $5 a day! The visitors center was neat. The general store has everything you need and a restaurant attached where you can get breakfast, lunch and dinner. We spent some time on the gravel bar which was a short walk from our campsite. The water on Big Creek was clear, shallow, and not too cold. I would recommend this state park to any family looking to camp.

Perfect Family Campground

The state of missouri does an amazing job providing opportunities for families to enjoy the beauty of nature. Nature programs for kids and parents to learn. Well kept facilities. The ice cream is just a bonus. This is by far my favorite campsite for the kids.

Great swimming hole!

We went with the whole fam to Sam A Baker. Shower houses were conveniently located in camping area. Big River was just a small walk away from the campsite. I know they had been flooded, but I am still cleaning rocks and dirt from the camper. They had a nice camp store and were very friendly. Mostly electric sites. A few full hookups close to the front of the campground. Nice paved roads and larger than normal sites. It was during a pandemic, but bathrooms were pretty clean. Will definitely go again.

Great FCFS camping along Ozark NSR!

We took a last-minute trip on a beautiful weekend in June 2020 to get outside (responsibly) during the pandemic. Two Rivers campground did not disappoint! We were able to get a first come first served site around 4:30p on a Friday - it was one of two remaining sites so we likely lucked out. The campground had gnats, but we didn’t get too many mosquitos so for that we were grateful. There were several other groups who were camping there to go floating; there is an outfitter right at the campground with a small convenience store in a trailer. They coordinate float trips and rent canoes and rafts. We didn’t float this time, but would definitely consider returning to do so! Would recommend going for sites on the outside of the ring, if possible - these seemed to have more shade and a tad more privacy.

Amazing river swimming, but try to come mid-week if you can!

Pros:

--Tons of swimming in the rivers and"shut-ins" throughout the park(just remember to wear water shoes if you can; it's VERY gravely)

--Lots of trails

--Nice, mellow bike path connecting the two main campgrounds and the very fun camp store(look up on the ceiling!)

--Tall pines(I love tall pines, that's all)

Cons: DISCLAIMER-- We were here on a weekend in August, so I suspect our experience was very much shaped by that….

--Campground was PACKED and LOUD

--Campground was PACKED and LOUD

Okay, I think you get the picture with the campground itself. It was one of those things that made me feel like a cranky old man, saying,"man, why can't these people stop trying to show-off their lame-ass stereos???" That said, the park itself was beautiful.

The main attraction is the water. The river twists and turns through the park. It's shallow, gently flowing, and VERY clear pretty much everywhere(except a few places where it was stagnant!). PRO TIP!!! Since the campground was PACKED and LOUD, most people seemed to not venture too far from the campground itself, so if you want your own private swimming spots, you can hike a relatively short distance and grab one. We did the short"shut-ins" trail and found a perfect one.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want any peace and quiet, don't stay here on the weekend. I suspect the weekdays would be better, and if you managed to schedule mid-week, I suspect it would be an incredible place to stay.

Peoples Creek

one of our favorite camoing spots