The best WALK IN camping near
Meridian , MISSISSIPPI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Meridian Camping Reviews
Total hidden gem and must stay

We planned on a 2 to 3 nights and stayed 5 … :).  We were at another local site and was looking for a more quite type of place so we could spend time as a family, so I called over to this place and was overwhelmed by the welcome.  It was late and dark and both owners (Steve and Patty) took my wife and I on a walk through their park with flashlights to show what we could pick from … I have never heard of such fantastic hospitality.  They just purchased the park a few months earlier and have upgraded so much it was almost new.  We eventually settled on two sites they said were rarely used because they were in the far back (#26 and #27) and remote.

The next day when we showed up to set up, they had their team already clear the sites and prep for our arrival.  One of their team members helped us set up and ensure we were fully ready to enjoy our stay.  The site was level and elec/water hook ups.  Overall, the site as secluded, quite, private. We woke up to trees all around us and only one RV long term person that we never saw many feet away.

We were told they would come by with a 'honey pot' and empty our tanks so we didn't have to move since we were staying long enough to fill them with normal use … WOW, I didn't have to hook up and move just to dump!  They did shared with us and show their portable dump tank they use when they camp … I may pick on up.

The park had new dog runs, wonderful store, excellent help, and easy dump stations.  I was concerned because of the location of the spot being at the bottom of a hill, and the owners told us not to worry … if we were not able to pull out, he would for us and didn't make us feel bad at all.  The slide was down for the winter, but it was fine.

The park is well off the beaten path so it is quite at night. Enjoyed the late night fires and early morning mists … My son was able to relax for the weekend away from the base.

Hideaway beauty!

What can I say about this beautiful place. The camp host and workers are amazing. Bathroom/shower house clean as can be. The nature trail was very calming and enjoyable. A must stop while in BAMA.

Great

Great sites level and clean, great host on site. Perfect place to start our new life in camper.

Lovely Campground in the Woods

We stopped here for the night and were impressed by the beauty and cleanliness of this campground.  The restrooms are spotless! It has a large pool and the campsites are nestled in amongst the trees.  The owners are super friendly.  This is a great stay in a lovely area.  We will be back for sure!

Clean and friendly

Home of the longest water slide in Mississippi, this KOA is a great place to stay. The staff is incredibly friendly and the facilities are clean and updated. Camp sites are relatively spread out, especially the sites for smaller campers and tents. Great place for kids, with the pool, slide, game room and very small playground. There supplies store but it doesn’t have much in it. There weren’t many people staying when we did, so was a nice quiet stay.

Check in time is 2pm, check out noon. The slide is only open Saturday and Sunday from 2pm-6pm. Pool is open daily from 10am- 8pm.

Nice wooded campground

This was a pretty cool campground tucked away in the woods. Our site was shady most of the day and well spaced from other sites. Some sites have stairs to the water, to a beach big enough for one person to fish or to tie up a jon boat.

There is no firewood for sale here. The bathrooms were very clean and a laundry room (closed due to COVID). Lots of fireflies and some mean mosquitoes. Early in the morning you can see some huge paddlefish jumping in the water.

30 and 50 amp power, water hookup (be sure to have a pressure regulator) and the dump station is in the middle of the campground.

Great Experience

Had a great time on our trip and the campground was very well kept! Sites are nice and mostly water front and bathhouse was very clean!

Beautiful sites and surroundings

Stayed 2 nights on a beautiful site overlooking the lake.  Wish we could have stayed longer.

Hope your into waterfalls

If your looking for a really cool waterfall to go checkout this is your spot. Other than that I wouldn’t recommend camping there any longer than one or two nights at the most. (The water wheel does not work FYI) We will continue to stop by in passing but that’s about it. We also went at a bad time after the rain is not the ideal time the water was really high and the current was rapid

Close to home

This is the first time I have stayed at the Army Corps of Engineers park in Forkland. It is near my home so I had been there multiple times but never stayed. It is nice and quiet with many options for activities. Nature/bird trail, playgrounds for the kids, and a boat landing with quick access to the Tombigbee and Black Warrior rivers. There are some great sites right on the water. All the amenities needed at a campground.