The best GROUP camping near
Cloverdale , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Cloverdale Camping Reviews
Noisy

We recently stayed at this RV park and were severely disappointed.

The good: Close to everything. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable of area. Level sites. Reasonable price.

The bad: Nasty bathrooms with no soap or paper ( this is our experience) Super small showers that need updating. A neighborhood dog that decided to bark literally for 5 minutes every 10-15 min from sunset until sunrise.

I would probably not stay here again. I think the management needs to take a little time to upkeep and update the bathrooms/showers.

Best camp in Louisiana

One of the most beautiful camp sites in LA. The geography here is not like anywhere else I have seen in Louisiana very nice and the owner is super accommodating.

This place is nice.

What can I say, tent camping, not much traffic and secluded enough with enough comfort for the kids.

Peaceful

It's a peaceful place to camp. Just make sure you bring all your supplies you think you migt need because there isn't any store for miles.

Great Site

My boyfriend and I camped here in October and had a blast. We enjoyed that it was walk in but still had running water and hook ups.

Love!!!

At $20 a night this place is a steal! Water and electricity at all the sites. Amazing views!, lake playground hiking biking plenty of things to keep busy.

Great for history buffs

This park/campground is about 8 miles west of the town of Port Gibson, near a nuclear reactor (yes, you heard that right). This park is not on the way to anywhere (except the nuclear reactor) and we were apprehensive as we followed the GPS directions but upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised by a park filled with history. Unfortunately for us, the campground was full as the nearby reactor was being refueled and all the employees were either camped out along the road or in the park. Also, the Mississippi River had risen to the road, coming very close to flooding the park. For future reference, the camping fees are very reasonable ($25 or $23 for 62 and older) for a FHU site. There is also an area for tents, although I did not ask the fee for this. There are two camping areas – an upper and lower campground and one small bathhouse that is located in the Upper Campground (one toilet and sink and two shower stalls). I would think one night here would be enough, but if you are a history buff, this destination should be on your list.

The town of Grand Gulf boasted nearly 1,000 residents by the mid-1800s but then yellow fever, a tornado, and massive floods reduced the population to 158 by the time the Civil War arrived in the area. Features include a church, mill, old cemetery, observation tower, gun emplacements, rifle pits.

Couldn't believe I was in louisiana

Nice campsite..we had the area to ourselves..alot of hiking trails nearby for all different skill levels..the terrain is amazing couldn't believe I was actually in Louisiana

Great camping location

Spent the weekend camping at one of the improved sites with water on site. Site had picnic table, fire pit, and plenty of room for tents and your camp set-up. Our site had a great view of the creek and was a little more tucked away but right by the bathrooms. Trails are throughout the area, couple of fishing spots, lots of picnic areas with grills and a playground. The place was not very crowded and the US Forest Service ranger (Virginia) was very kind and helpful. We hiked some of Richardson Creek Trail, but decided to turn around because it was overgrown at points and we found ticks on our dog. Otherwise, it was a beautiful walk through the woods. Several large banana spiders set up along the way so keep an eye out! Also, the county is supposed to be under a fire burn until the end of October.

Perfect place for real tent camping

Stayed here awhile ago and it is still my favorite campsite in this area. Most campsites are secluded from others. I recommend this place to anyone.