About Tahquamenon Falls 2 State Park
Tahquamenon Falls 2 State Park is located in Michigan
17 Reviews of Tahquamenon Falls 2 State Park
Great Family Camping!

We brought our two kids and dog camping and had a great experience. Camp sites were decent sizes, and we had great access to the water. Restrooms were clean and well-maintained, and our kids loved riding bikes all around the campground. We stayed in the Hemlock part, but they could easily travel between the two. Just a note, the mosquitoes were bad in September, so take bug spray!

Perfect!

What a beautiful campground. Located on the river. Spectacular sunrises and quiet. Non-electric and very clean pit toliets. The misquitos were crazy but a little misquito repellent and my pup and I were good to go. The hiking trails are awesome and the river is perfect for kayaking and fishing

Lower falls campground

Well maintained. Has electrice hookups but no water. Nice bathroom shower area and cleaned daily. Playgrouns for the kids and nice hiking a s trails. Lots of mosquetoes!

OVER RUN WITH BUGS!

Although this is a gorgeous campground. Very beautiful hiking trails. Very scenic waterfalls. The mosquito population is ridiculous. I believe our family "donated" enough blood for a lifetime. We had a selection of bug sprays and nothing deterred the bugs. We will not be back again. I believe the Park needs to do Mosquito spraying before campers arrive.

Seriously the BEST trails in the UP!

Make it a priority to visit this stunning waterfall! If you are ever in the UP, please put this on your list of places to visit! Great photo ops, stunning views and well maintained trails, it is a MUST see!

Lots of spaces

This campground was big, there were showers and flush toilets.

Tahquamenon Rivermouth Pines/Semi-Modern/Rustic Campground

Just a short drive from Mackinac lies a beautiful campground to sink into the quietness of a river setting. I stayed in the rustic portion with campsites right along the river. River access is available for small boats along with a fishing deck. Vault toilets and water merge with large campsites to create a quiet ambiance. Showers and a modern toilet are available in the modern portion of the campground which is a short walk through a playground and separating trees.

My site meant waking up to fog drifting down the river, birds chirping and quiet forest behind me. Walking my dog through the forest was nice as the fallen pine needles created a soft path. My site had plenty of room for the tent as well as tress to hang my hammock on. My dog couldn't wait to jump into the hammock and relax in the cool Michigan air. The campground hosts came through and we had a nice chat (which added to the homey feeling).

This campground is not by the Tahquamenon Falls area so I would make sure to get the correct location. It sits south of Paradise, MI. It was a 20 or so mile drive to get to the falls area with beautiful hiking trails. The remote location of the campground adds to the perfect Northwoods feel. The North Country Trail goes past the campground on the other side of the river. You can hike all the way to the falls area if you are up to it.