About Bodi Lake - State Forest
Bodi Lake - State Forest is located in Michigan
3 Reviews of Bodi Lake - State Forest
A terrific find

We have been up to this area a handful of times and usually stay at the nearby Cullhan Lake State forest campground. But this trip we happened to stumble on Bodi Lake and decided to switch it up. I REALLY liked this place. A beautiful lake with looks and gorgeous sunrise/sunsets. The sites are large and most provide very good privacy from your neighbors. The toilets were clean and the picnic tables and fire rings were in very good shape. We also happened to be the only people in the campground other than one other single women. Which was amazing because it was almost deafeningly quiet in the morning and it was so peaceful. I loved this campground and I will absolutely be back.

Absolutely Rustic and Amazing

If you’re one who likes the thrill of winding backroads and wants to be away from all the noise and commotion of the city this is your spot. I took my friends on a loop through the UP this past June and they made me plan another one because they loved it so much. Bodi Lake Campground is off of a dirt road that is about 35 minutes from Tahquamenon State forest, 30 min from crisp point lighthouse (you can climb to the top and had a beautiful view), and about 2 hours from Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. This campground is my favorite so far because it’s right on the lake which you are able to kayak, or canoe on, has beautiful sunrises/sunsets, and is very remote. This campground also includes fire pits, toilets, and is very spacious. You are close enough to your “neighbors” but still have privacy. There are no water hookups, showers, or anything larger than tents. This campsite is a drive up, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE because it is free. No reservations are taken. This campsite is run by an older couple during the summer months. They gave us a couple of brochures and are happy to answer any questions you have! They are the reason we found the lighthouse! Overall this is a GREAT place to stay and I recommend it to anyone and everyone!

Simple Campground

This is a simple drive in campground on a lake with a small dock and access for backing a boat trailer into the water. I stayed here after arriving too late to get a campsite on a Saturday evening in the summer to the very popular nearby Mouth of the Two Hearted River Campground that I was hoping to stay at. There's a pump for water and simple pit toilets onsite. The campsites are close together with basically no privacy, but the neighbors were quiet. Great stargazing off the dock and a lovely sunrise over the lake in the morning!