Camping in West Whately

81 Reviews of 14 West Whately, Massachusetts Campgrounds

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Hiking Gem in Sturbridge

Beautiful campground in a nice central location nearby several nice towns in Central Massachusetts. The hiking is some of the best I have seen from a campground in the area, with a huge system of trails which are all very well marked. These trails vary greatly in terms of difficulty, a few of the…

Month of VisitApril
Perrin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Cranky old man

Great campground without internet, or a way to pay with your card. The host was so scared of my MEDICAL SERVICE DOG he made us leave. he seems to think he was mauled in another lifetime.

K
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

AMAZING!!!

Really clean and nice campground. Amazing workers and overall amazing area to be in! Will be going back!!

SiteSite 14
K
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

AMAZING!!!

SiteSite 14
Andrzej K.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great place

We had a great time , very friendly stuff We stayed right on the river side , No hook up , but they have a dump station

Site22 ( best site in the place )
HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Quiet, friendly staff, 1pm check out

The lady that checked us in was easy to talk to, explained the campgrounds then we were escorted to our site. The site was small but a pull thru, no problems at all, full hook up. There is a nice pool just getting ready to open we are here mid, May 14th we leave. There is horse shoes, shuffle…

YThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Great for a group!

We camped here with a group of friends - about a dozen in all. It was easy to coordinate with the staff to get a few tent sites and a cabin in close distance. Campsites were a bit minimal, and amenities were OK. Overall we were looking for a quiet and clean space and this was excellent for that.

Matt R.
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

I just wanted to share a few more pictures

I found some more pictures from my camping trip here, and I wanted to share them. I loved it here, it was a great little campground for massachusetts

Jamal C.
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Otter River

I stayed here in the summer of 2020.  The camp ground is clean nice with lots of trails for hiking and biking.  The bathrooms were clean and water was easy close to the camp ground.  If you drive they have a great breakfast place about two miles from the camp ground.  I would go again for people…

• View of my site from the road
  • Picture from a pond near the forest.
  • One of the roads you can explore in Otter River Forest
Lauren A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2021

We went memorial day weekend few years ago, busy holiday of young teens partying. Park staff tried their best, but other campers definitely took away from our stay. Loud throughout. Our site was fairly far from services, long run with small kids in the middle of the night. Not our favorite place,…

Cheryl B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2021

3 Yurts available

Absolutely beautiful! Highly recommend renting a yurt while staying at October Mnt. Clean and super comfortable

Cheryl B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2021

Excellent trails for hiking

Beautiful area to hike. Quiet off the beaten path. There are 3 yurts available May-October (no dogs allowed in the yurts☹️. There are several tent sits available. Dogs are welcomed here! Every site has a fire pit and a picnic table.Highly recommend staying here if you are in the area!

Dr. D.
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2021

Great time

Stayed on an rv site for 1 week this past summer. Had a great time, kids had a blast with the boat rentals and fishing.
Saw they have 2 yurts for rent as well.

Staff was incredibly freindly and gave us restaurant recommendations around the area.
About 5 min from great hiking at purgatory…

Jean C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2020

Mixed bag at this campground

This is a smaller campground with a few loops of campsites. The sites that are near the small pond are generally larger and have better space for pitching a tent. The sites on the first two loops/spur roads are smaller and most of them are designated for tents only or tents/popups. Site 33 is large…

• 1 Otter River SF
  • 2 Otter River SF
  • 3 Otter River SF
Month of VisitDecember
Matt R.
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2020

Beautiful camp, I will go back

I loved this little campground, it was relaxing, beautiful, and had enough to keep us busy!