About Molly Stark State Park
Molly Stark State Park is located in Vermont
7 Reviews of Molly Stark State Park
Great for last minute stop

This is a great campground for on the road campers. It is near Route 9 so not much quiet during the day, but at night its great. There is also hiking at the campground and that is a definite plus! I loved staying in the lean-tos because it is perfect camping no matter the weather. Also the people working there are nothing short of friendly!

Quiet,

I pulled in mid week at about 5pm looking for a tent site for the night

I got site #5, it was very private & quiet.

the bathrooms where very clean

i would stay there again without hesitation

Nice setting, close to attractions

This is a nice campground that my fiance and I stayed at after a day of mountain biking at Mount Snow. It had good facilities, a few lean-to's if you were lucky enough to get them booked before they were gone, and friendly campers. We enjoyed a fun day at Mount Snow which is close by with restaurants and things to do in that area, as well as the fun town of Brattleboro in the other direction which is always a great place to visit. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout the stay.

My favorite place to go camping

Have had many great times camping and hiking

Climb Mt. Olga then relax by your campfire

This park is close to my house in southern Vermont. We usually visit during the day to hike to the top of the Mt. Olga firetower. It’s always clean and very quiet, so this summer we decided to give camping a shot. We stayed in one of the lean-tos because it was threatening rain. I wish I could remember the name of it. We love the site. The only thing we didn’t like is that is was facing the neighbor’s campsite, and we felt like we were always staring at them. They were friendly, though, so it all worked out.

The hike up Mt. Olga is 1.7 miles (round trip). There’s a fire tower at the top, which provides awesome views of the Green Mountains. It’s also fun to explore the relics of the old Hogback Ski Resort. They are rested remnants of the ski lifts and warming huts, and they are slowing crumbling back to the earth. The trails from the park connect to the Hogback Mountain Conservation area trails, so there are actually many miles of trails you can explore without having to drive anywhere. If you do want to embark on a little road trip, check out the little town of Wilmington, which has an awesome lake for swimming, or the bustling town of Brattleboro, which is perfect for shopping and nightlife.

Near alot of great things

This campsite is awesome, and it is even nicer if you are able to get a site on the outer ring with a little bit more privacy! There are quite a few hiking trails that are located just a short drive away from the site. The bathrooms were also kept nice, and the levels of trash around the campgrounds were pretty much non-existent. It is well taken care of, just wish there were hiking trails directly available

Molly Stark State Park, VT

A lovely campground in Southern VT, again very close to our favorite little hippie town Brattleboro VT. Campground has clean facilities, tent and lean-to sites. We booked last last month and stayed in the middle of the campground. The outer ring sites on the map have the most seclusion. Not a ton of hiking right from the campground, but we found some fishing and hiking nooks in a short drive