The best RV SITES camping near
Lyndale , MARYLAND

Most Recent Lyndale Camping Reviews
Beautiful park

We stay here at least 6 trips a year. Nice layout, not all sites are level (half). Staff are always nice and go out of their way to help.

First time excellence

As a first timer, I wanted to show my girlfriend a good time for her birthday weekend. This park had everything you could want while maintaining a good distance from civilization, which was a smooth transition for me. The staff and campers were great and we even got to see the cub scouts doing a relay course. The trails were nice and clean and despite the weather, the overall grounds were beautiful. Definitely bringing the kids back to his one.

Great campground hidden away in the city. Clean sites include table and fire pit. Restrooms were clean, closed daily for cleaning between 1 pm - 3 pm. Two showers were included but didn’t use it so not sure about pressure or heat. The ranger delivers firewood to your site within about 10-15 min of calling, which was very convenient. Cost was $5 for 8 logs. Dump station and trash were just outside of the loop. Site 6 was good but not for larger rigs. We have a pop up and had to navigate around a tree that would have been very difficult for larger rigs. Site 5 or 7 wouldn’t have that problem. Bring bug and tick spray - definitely need it! We hiked the brown trail and it was a nice walk. We have AT&T and had two bars pretty consistently. We would stay here again.

So good I did it twice

Being just barely off the beaten path, I wasn’t expecting all too much from the one night stay over planned heading from New Jersey to Shenandoah in Virginia. I was surprised at the quiet, understated beauty of the forestry around the perfectly level campsite. With on-site electric hookup, and amenities including dump, water fill, garbage and recycling easily accessed on the way in/out, all creature comforts were there for enjoying. Took a fairly easy hike down to the river and even went for a swim. Loved it so much, I stopped on the way back home again!

• Stayed Fall 2020
Impressive Campground

Cherry Hill Park was easy to find and get to basically right off I-95. This was our first time RVing into the WA DC area and we were concerned about traffic getting to the campground(CG). As we arrived, traffic was heavy on I-95 but manageable. Cherry Hill’s and our RV GPS directions were spot on getting us to the park. We were very impressed with this CG from the moment we entered. We picked up our package outside the office(no contact check-in) and went to premium site 93 with FHUs. Back-in was easy. The wifi was very good but the CG was only about a 1/4 full. Cherry Hill has many different ways to stay; cottages, cabins, yurts, glamping pods, premium and regular tent sites in addition to the RV sites. As we looked around we found that all of the sites, regardless of amenities, were spaced about the same. There are a few sites in the CG on the end that will give you a little more yard space like 97(need to be a competent backer), 402, and 1723. We got 2 bars each on Verizon and AT&T. The CG’s cable provided a large selection of channels and worked well. We were impressed with the main laundry facility due to the amount of large washers and dryers, very fair pricing and very clean. The two off leash dog parks(in the same area) were nice plus there’s a well maintained walking trail that goes around this very large CG’s perimeter. We really liked how there are trash receptacles and dog poopy bag dispensers nicely placed all over the CG. Though we didn’t use it, they even have a dog walker service so you can spend a lot of time exploring the DC area without worrying about your pups. About the only draw back was the road noise from the interstate and highway pretty much 24/7, but considering the area that is to be expected. Sites 13-38 and 1500 sites near the premium tent area are the farthest away from the road noise. We would definitely stay here again.

We had a great time

Good campground with a good amount of activities for the kids. Bathrooms didn’t have a lot of water pressure in the showers, but overall were cleaner then expected. We had a great time, and plan to visit here again.

Nice and dated

It was probably an amazing park 30 years ago. The creek was really nice. Sites were good size and ours had a patio. Had a fair amount of amenities for kids.

Surprisingly nice

Surprisingly nice campground in a city. Lots of things for kids to do and access to bike trails outside of the complex.

My favorite spot!

I camp there multiple times a year! It's dog and family friendly, close to resources, but far enough that it's quiet and feels remote! No cell signal in the campground so the family is forced to disconnect. I absolutely love it!

We had a fantastic time!

We had a fantastic time our 1st time at #AdventureBoundCampingResort in Lothian, Maryland. While at the campsite, we met a great guy from East Tennessee, Steve, who was in the Air Force, and he was as nice as could be. We had arrived after dark on Friday and Steve came over to offer to help with the tent setup but we wanted to do it all on our own in true “girl power” form! But after rethinking it, we decided to sleep in the car!!!! 😂 Next morning we arose to setup our sitewe had an absolutely wonderful time doing it .That is, until the rain came about 1am Sunday morning! It rained and rained and rained and rained and rained! Not only did it wake us, it started us thinking what we’d do with a WET TENT! I was going to stay another day just to let the tent dry out but, it’s going to rain all day into Monday. And then! My oldest granddaughter felt ill and had to be picked up by her mom! I was left with my two little munchkins, Michaela and Samaijah to take everything down — in the constant rain!!! Well, we decided to head over to Home Depot to get ponchos for us and McDonald’s for their promised pancake breakfast, then headed back to start the task of breaking down our camp site. With the help of my little munchkins, we packed everything up and loaded the car in no time. The only thing left was the wet tent! I decided to forego the folding and just gather it up and put it in a garbage bag just to get us home and out if the rain — that worked for them too!! They did a great job and were a true representation of the saying “little but mighty”! Steve and many of the long term campers were military and construction workers, in addition to senior citizens. Saturday night seems to be the neighbors party night so it was quite lively with music and laughter. This camp has electric and water at each site, clean toilet and shower facilities, playground and pool.