Bristol, MAINE

Most Recent Bristol Camping Reviews
Great for familys

Wonderful water access. Cabins, RVs and tents all welcome. Clean facilities and a nice store making it so you don't have to leave! Staff does a very good job at planned activities to keep children entertained.

Family friendly

Very family friendly. Nice food shack next to the water for when you are hungry after a swim.

Watch out for the leaches!

Family fun on the ocean and farm!

This campground was really beautiful. Sites were not very private, but the views and scenery are spectacular. My kids enjoyed visiting with the farm animals and walking along the rocky shore each day. Plenty to do between biking, kayaking, farm experience and visiting downtown Freeport close by.

Horrible Customer Service!

If you want any sort of respectful communication or cordial customer service, please do not book here. I made a reservation online and called to pay my deposit; I spoke with owner Eric, who told me he didn’t know how to process my payment. He took my card info and said his wife would email me to confirm to reservation and process the payment, and he then told me what site number I’d be on. After our call, I checked their website and saw that our site number was not one that was waterfront, which is what we paid for. So when his wife, Pat, emailed me to confirm the reservation, I asked her to clarify the site assignment; I mentioned we reserved a waterfront site and the map didn’t show that, so I asked her to let me know if it was in fact waterfront, and if not, if we could be moved since we booked waterfront. Pat’s response was curt and rude, and she basically threatened to not accept our deposit/cancel the reservation if I didn’t“leave it to the campground”. Instead of answering my question or providing clarification, she chose to be snippy and dismissive. I responded to let her know we would just book somewhere else because we didn’t appreciate how she handled the situation and she emailed back to let me know“Do what you must. You will not be missed.” This isn’t the first review I’ve seen that mentions how rude the owners were. I’m surprised this campground is still in business if this is how they treat customers. There are so many other choices- take your money elsewhere!

Top notch Campground

We had a really nice time at Martin Stream Campground. Its run really well by a young man named zach who was always around and checking in and very attentive with the people and the property. We tented in a great little spot right along the stream. I will say there appeared to be a lot of all summer camper rentals, so it was a little odd with everyone seeming to be friendly and already knowing one another. Each sight had water and electricity hook ups and wifi pretty much from the entire spread of sites. The sites are pretty much on top of one another which is the only reason it's a 4 star for me. I prefer a little more secluded. If I go back, itll probably be on either end of the season with hopefully less people. All in all, a really nice facility run by a very competent and friendly kid! Lots of games and boats to rent. A really nice park and pool. Looks like he does daily activities and keeps the place looking absolutely beautiful!

Farm on the ocean

We are going back! A unique opportunity to stay and relax on a farm by the ocean. We stayed on waters edge in a band of trees, breezes, birds, and fish jumping. Thanks to the people (and animals) for making this a great place.

Great for tent camping

We stayed here twice and had a really good experience both times. Not too loud and rangers were very helpful. Would recommend to anyone.

Last time there was closed

Last I heard back in 2004 this campground was closed. A quick search didn’t turn up any new information. I believe this is still closed.

Great campground

Amazing campground. Has a lot of stuff for kids including playground, pool, water slides, canoeing,kayaking, mini golf and disc golf. Great sites and plenty of them. Definitely a place to stay for a few days.

Closed