Bremen, MAINE

Most Recent Bremen Camping Reviews
Spot for Just 1 Tent...Barely!

One of the MITA (Maine Island Trail Association) camping areas in the Deer Isle Archipelago, this island is small with barely a tent space, but a good stop for us on our 9 day journey and a perfect launching spot for crossing Jericho Bay (4.5 miles) to Marshall Island the next day.   Gorgeous shell covered beach and a beautiful view of Isle au Haut, just next door.

This can be a tricky island to land on at high tide, so plan accordingly. Be prepared for mosquitoes. We thought we were passed mosquito season in early September, but alas, they were pretty bad all day long.

Come prepared with fresh water (there is no fresh water for filtering) and wag bags (no toilets). Site is first come, first served and completely free for MITA members.

Perfect island for those new to sea kayak camping

One of the MITA (Maine Island Trail Association) camping areas in the Deer Isle Archipelago, this island has 2 sites – one larger area up in the woods, the other quite small near the granite shore, but both accessible from the east side of the island. We stayed at the site by the shore and had a gorgeous view of the sun setting.

This is a perfect island for those new to sea kayak camping as the sandy shore, which is exposed for a good portion of the day, is easy to land on and a short walk to a trail into the woods.

Come prepared with fresh water(there is no fresh water for filtering) and wag bags (no toilets). Sites are first come, first served and completely free for MITA members.

Gorgeous Views of the Gulf

One of the MITA (Maine Island Trail Association) camping areas in the Deer Isle Archipelago, this island has 2 sites– one very small one on the northeast side, the other perfect for larger groups on the southwest side. We stayed at the larger site and had a gorgeous view of the sun setting and full moon rising.

Perfect island for exploring the close-by Isle au Haut, a remote section of Acadia National Park, but very hard to get reservations at Duck Harbor Campground. This can be a tricky island to land on at high tide, so plan accordingly.

Be prepared for mosquitoes. We thought we were passed mosquito season in early September, but alas, they were pretty bad at sunset. Come prepared with fresh water (there is no fresh water for filtering) and wag bags (no toilets).

Sites are first come, first served and completely free for MITA members.

The Most Magical Island in the Gulf of Maine

One of the MITA (Maine Island Trail Association) camping areas in the Deer Isle Archipelago, this island has 2 sites– one on the southeast side near Sand Cove and the other on the northeast side of the island. We stayed at one of the 2 sites near Sand Cove which is a truly gorgeous wooded area with a tent platform and a picnic table at each site. Sand Cove is perfect for a beach fire and stargazing on a clear night– some of the best stargazing spots we’ve ever seen!

Despite the fact that the other islands had pesky mosquitoes, this site had none. Come prepared with fresh water (there is no fresh water for filtering) and wag bags (no toilets). If you happen to need a food or water resupply, Swan’s Island is a short paddle away and has a very small grocery store and town office with fresh water. Sites are first come, first served and completely free for MITA members. And, if you do a beach clean-up during your stay and send in a picture, you will receive a Maine Coast Heritage Trust hat!

Nice and close to Boothbay Harbor

This is a nice place to visit. We had full hook ups. The sites are close together . We were camping with friends so this was bonus us. They provide a garbage can at each site. The laundry room was clean and and appears well maintained. They are close to the Railroad Museum so you can hear the train whistles during the day. We were close to the road so road noises were noticeable. The staff is very friendly. We visited on Indigenous Peoples weekend. The leaves were at their peak and the nights were crisp. We enjoyed our time very much.

Overpriced

This campground is overpriced for the location, amenities and condition of the sites. The lay of the land is sloped and they need to improve drainage of run off. The site was very wet with standing water making most of the site unusable. The post that the electrical box and water was hooked to was in standing water. The water hose coming out of the ground had a leak and was spurting out water. I was given a price and paid half at time of booking. Upon arriving at campground I was charged additional fees. When asking why I was being charged so much more than what I was originally told the explanation was I don't know. I had to push to get this info. It boiled down to that I had changed my reservation due to a conflict. At that time I was never advised of a price change so what a shock upon arrival. I pushed back I was told sorry it is what it is. I was a first time visitor to this campground and will not be returning.

Amazing spot!

This place was absolutely amazing! The campground is on the same land as an organic dairy farm! You get to be a part of the farm experience and see how a farm operates. We saw them milking the cows and feeding the other animals. There are also greenhouses and plants everywhere. A lot of the spots are right on the water, which is beautiful. There are trails to the shore along the campground. Showers and bathrooms were great!

Great spot to camp and bike!

Great camping here!!! Campground host was wonderful and so considerate. The sites are a little close together but some are set back. Campground was not full when we stayed. Dog friendly, toilets, SHOWERS, and the most adorable communal outdoor covered kitchen that had a sink, microwave, free library, and donation boxes with beverages, snacks and veggies. All around great place to stay. Everything was so clean and the staff was more than friendly. We will be going back for sure!

Lots and LOTS of trails surrounding the campground. Great for biking and trail running.

Wonderful Gem of Turner

This is a wonderful campground. The sites are large and well kept. The grounds are in great condition. This is definitely a gem in Turner. Zach is an excellent host. I would highly recommend booking a site. "Paul Bennett"

Awesome Location on the Coast of ME

We only stayed one night here but we loved the proximity to the village of Camden and the hiking trails near our site.

Less than average

The family and I stayed at Poland Spring Campground for 8 days this August. It’s a family campground with activities for kids but make siblings share arts and crafts materials if the activities director doesn’t plan ahead. (Lots of crying from my youngest because she wanted to make one herself and showed up to the activity 15 minutes early, yet, got her materials yanked out of her hands when another child showed up 15 minutes late). Very strict 4 adult, 4 child per site rule so forget about having even paying visitors. Quiet time is 11 (even talking!) they will force you to go to sleep by 11 if you’re not COMPLETELY silent! Practically destroyed my camper getting in and out of the campground thanks to the way they tell you to get to your site (unnecessarily making me loop through the whole damn place instead of taking the straight shot in) Trees and roots everywhere making it impossible to take turns and forget about kids on bikes! I cleaned so many wounds during our stay from my kids falling off their bikes thanks to the landscape. Really weird dirt there also, it’s like a clay of some sort and caked to the bottom of your shoes and made a mess all through the camper no matter what I did. A couple of us went barefoot a lot and they are still treating a weird rash that developed on the bottom of their feet. We will not be going back. The only reason I gave them a star at all is because of Riley in the front office. Long walk to the “beach” no matter which campsite you book. No place to lay out so leave your beach chair at home. Bathroom on my side of the campground was disgusting! So many bugs and spiders and the clay dirt was all over the floors even right after they cleaned.

Great views, smallish sites

The water views are great from the Oceanside sites. There is plenty of thugs to do in the area.  July is VERY buggy! The staff are very friendly and accommodating.  Would definitely go again.

Small and Quiet

We stayed here 8/24-8/26/2019 Nice small campground with the lake and lake side camping available No WiFi or cable hook up and sewer hooks are limited but we liked it

Excellent place with lots of special details

I will say that my preferred camp site is one that is heavily wooded, where I can hardly see my neighbors and where I have some view of something impressively beautiful. I have a small camper and two young kids so on long camp trips I appreciate a place with RV hook-ups. This place may not offer a heavily wooded area where I can't see my neighbors but it makes up for it for everything else it offers. It's right on the ocean, it has gardens and secret nooks where you can sit and make a fire. It has a beautiful art studio. It has a play room and play ground that kept my children entertained for hours so I could read. The other campers were so pleasant that I had no issues with being close to them. I had the lobster dinner they offered and it was excellent. I will come back again.

Family Fun!

Beaver Brook in Monmouth Maine is a must stay if you have kids from babies to teens. Our family has been going annually for the last five years. We meet up with a couple Moms and their children who we don’t get to see too often and make it a “girls and kids” trip and have a blast making memories and gives us moms a well deserved break. This year we opted for a small group site with a centrally located fire pit and spent our days in the lake, pool, or just hanging out while our kids (ranging from 8-12) rode their bikes, made friends at the playground or participated in the activities that the camp had to offer. Sites are all big with plenty of room between the sites for the perfect amount of privacy. Hook ups for water/electric/sewer but also tons of tent sites too. Staff is friendly and helpful, kids loved the big red and blue slides at the pool, restaurant, ice cream and store all in the same area.

For parents; live entertainment with local bands on Saturday nights, an adult only swim nightly. (Playground is close enough to the pool to actually enjoy this while listening to my kids play), candy bar bingo (where you can play bingo WITH your kids and was quite fun) and just a nice atmosphere all around between all the other families there.

Will definitely be back next year!

Nice park, but camping is an after thought...

The campground is right at Thomas Point Beach which was fantastic!  However, the sites were only average, no water hook ups, and the electric hook up required a 50 ft. extension cord to reach a pole.

Since it was not too crowded, we were able to find a site that gave us some room, but many sites were right on top of each other.  The bathrooms were less than average in upkeep and cleanliness.

We put our kayaks into the water right at the beach and had a nice float in the bay.  The campground is close to Topsham and Brunswick, which is where we needed to be for the weekend.

I would not recommend this campground as a destination by itself.

Great spot!!

Friendly helpful owner, Lauri and mom, Carol. Nicelayout and design with water access and nice view. Oh, and a great outdoor shower.

Best we have found!

This place is not your typical campground much more special.

We are full time RV’rs and have stayed at lots of campgrounds but this place holds a special place in our hearts. The people working are the perfect compliment to a beautiful location. We have stayed a number of times and it is like seeing old friends when we return.

Nice hiking trails around the property that out dog just loves. Often there are artists and musicians at events or giving some kind of lessons. If your looking for a place to stay that is not like a national chain, you have found it! Enjoy!

Fantastic campground

The staff is amazing and very hardworking. Family run campground, we stayed during the 4th of July weekend and they put on a firework display for the campground. It was above and beyond and fun for everybody. It is located close to the coast and Pemaquid Point Light house is right down the road. We rode our bikes to the beach and grocery store everyday. While the sites aren’t that private each site gives enough space for each camper to make it their own. The showers are clean and hot, bathrooms are clean and they actually provide soft toilet paper. It has everything you need if want to be away from a city. Peace and tranquility, but close enough to attractions and restaurants.

Beautiful campground by the ocean

The state park is backed up against Mt Megunticook with fabulous hiking and also frontage on The Penobscot Bay. You get the best of both. The park is very clean, sites are not very level so plan on adjusting things. Two large bath houses with hot showers and flush toilets. We liked it so much after our first visit that we have been campground hosts here for 4 years.

Wonderful Staff

The staff is very nice and helpful. The sites are level but the campground is in a hill. There is lots of room for kids to play.

Very nice campground, staff are friendly. Has things to do for all ages. Big campground with lots of sites. We will definitely come back again.

Clean and friendly.

We stayed over Memorial Weekend 2019. Most sites were full, but it didn’t feel crowded. The state employees running the campground were very nice. We were allowed to check in early, and they even offered to charge our phones for us since we were staying in a site without hook ups. The bathrooms/showers were clean and well kept, but we mostly used the bathroom in our rv. The sites were well spaced….we could see our neighbors but we didn’t feel like we were packed in too tight. Definitely drive up Mnt Batty, and check out the day use area. I recommend a trip down the road to McLaughlin's Seafood for some fantastic take-out.

Sweet spot

Sweet little park with lovely, open sites and views of the water. More of a neighborly experience than a wilderness outing, but a perfect getaway. Good for dogs and kids.

Very nice

Nice cedar showers. Comfy enough even in a van camper with few amenities. Bathrooms very clean.

Closed

This campground was closed. See here: http://orrsisland.com/

Great family camping!

Nice sites. Clean bathrooms. Charging station. Lake hikes. General store and food stand with ice cream. Farm tour. Nice playground. Close to shopping and restaurants in Freeport.

Great state park with cute town attached!

We are pop-up campers. We had plenty of room for our camper. Dog friendly. Bathrooms were very clean. “Playground” is a bit of a stretch. Firewood was a bit pricey at $7 a bundle. Nice hike and mountain views! Camden is a great town by the water with restaurants and shops. Kayaking and sailboats are also available.