Camping in Mariba

Recent Hike-In Reviews Near Mariba, Kentucky

278 Reviews of 22 Mariba, Kentucky Campgrounds

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Nice weekend trip!

Great place to get into nature, and take a break from the usual stuff. Nice spaces for camping. I Would come back, and love to see more of the area.

Kenny P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Koomer Ridge Campground

First come first serve campground. Has a mix of back in sites and walk in sites. Plenty of photo opportunities and hiking trails.

Awesome trip

I love the spectacular rock features  in this area - they’re so beautiful! I enjoy camping ⛺️ here very much.

Beautiful campsite

There’s plenty campsites to pick from.  I like the ones  that have  a stream running through the background,  and the wildlife around you, is just stunning! I definitely would come back! I love hiking boots for this trip. We found some cool caves along our hiking trail.

Great camping trip

I liked the camp site and would love to come back again. People we met were very friendly and we had a great time. Got up early in the morning and watched the sun rise - just beautiful! I also sat very still, while a baby doe came very close to me, and I watched her munching on some grass. Great…

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

The campground is very well maintained. It’s quite and tucked away. Nature trails, ponds for relaxing and watching the wildlife or fishing.

K
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Beautiful spot on the Licking River

I love this place for many reasons.  The proximity to the river and kayaking is a big priority for me.  They have kayaks for rent at the campground or you can bring your own.  They shuttle you up to the dam and it takes a couple of hours to get back down to their campground.  Justin pulls your…

• Kayaking on the Licking River
  • Sunset at the campground
K
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

secluded sites, shade, trees, clean and level sites

We camped here in June when the temps were in the 90's and the shade that the trees in this campground offer were a life saver.  The campground is always clean and the sites are level with gravel.  They have picnic tables and fire pits at each site and water is usually close.  Check maps because…

• Did a little crappie and bass fishing while we were there.
  • Grandkids loving the adventure.
  • Cave Run Lake Sunsets
SiteA32 & A34
H
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

MiddleFork Campground Natural Bridge State Park KY

We stayed at site B9.  Had electric and water.  This is one of the best sites at this campgrounds. The stream in the background is amazing. No sites in front of you or on either side. We had lots of room for our screen tent, teardrop camper and we put up another tent for visitors. A nice FirePit…

• Crushed gravel was easy to set things up on amd kept area dry.
SiteB9
Cassandra C.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Loved our visit!

We had such an amazing time at HomeGrown HideAways!! We stayed at the Yome, and it was perfect for our family of four. Instead of sleeping in it, which would have been perfectly comfortable, we actually used it as more of an extra shelter and we pitched out tents in the field in front of the Yome.…

SiteYome
M
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Dirty Campsite

We stayed at this “resort” park and were very disappointed.

Campsite was super dirty, food left behind on the ground everywhere, beans, egg shells, etc., were dumped in the creek.

Showers and restrooms were disgusting.

This park needs some TLC.

Hopefully people can respect nature and learn…

j B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Beautiful campground and site

First off, I want to warn everyone; DO NOT TAKE "PLEASANT VALLEY RD" into the campgrounds! That road takes you on a single lane road and if you meet another vehicle, someone will have to backup. The road is extremely washed out and huge chunks are gone. IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS! We took Louis…

• DO NOT TAKE PLEASANT VALLEY RD to get to the campground unless you want a real adventure!
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Land and Lake Beauty

This campground has it all:)  I picked this campsite as it is further south in the Daniel Boone National Forest so it isn't near the chaos of the climbing that is found further North.

"Peak Season Rates as listed on website - https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232370?tab=fees

• Firewood and Ice prices.  The roads are slow going so while you aren't far from town I think it was 12 miles you will notice that the curves make everything take longer.
  • Camp Host information and Security.
  • Zilpo Price List this is an older list but it doesn't look like much has changed.
SiteA004
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Spontaneous camping trip

Was referred by a co-worker on twin knobbs. Went just for the night but spend all day on check-in day and the next day till we had to check out. Was beautiful, peaceful, and so relaxing!! Hubby and I haven’t has a nice time like that in like 20 years. Will most definitely be going back

Sitei9
Winn V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Not up to standards

Showers had no hooks. Everything got wet in shower and no where to change. 3 of 5 commodes clogged. No laundry. Bathrooms were a hike on a steep road so most drove. Tent site was okay. Won’t be back

Sitec02