Auxier, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Auxier Camping Reviews
Princess Arch

Princess Arch is at the Red River George in, KY. This is a primitive camping area. Princess Arch offers 105ft of elevation and is a quick 0.6 mi hike from the parking loop. There are bathrooms and trash bins at the parking loop.

Pick up your parking pass at the Shell gas station at 12187 Campton rd, Stanton, KY. A three days pass is $5.

Friendly staff, clean, some of the nicest scenery in the area. Very convenient trail access.

Great campgrounds, good amenities, and quiet!

We were a large group (16 people) and reserved grounds at Zilpo for a 4 day trip. We wanted to ensure we were close, so we chose H loop sites 35, 37, and 38. 35 and 38 are right next to each other, so it was easy to walk between the two, and 37 was rather secluded and used primarily as overfill sleeping grounds.

Overall, the campsite was great. We went during the end of August and it was really quiet. The lake was a muddy and murky, but that's typical for a man-made lake. The showers had no warm water, but we'll take a cold shower over no shower.

Electric hookups worked perfectly. Two people brought electric vehicles and were able to plug into the TT-30 outlet and reported no issues the entire trip.

There was cell coverage for all the major cell phone providers, which was a negative in our opinion. But that's totally your preference and I don't take that into my star rating.

Awesome campground on the lake!

This time of year (October) this campground is walk up only. We got there as quick as we could and are glad we did as we were able to grab an awesome site. There are tent sites and RV sites here and the campground is gorgeous. It’s right on a lake(so expect boat traffic) and there are several loops all along the lake. Those loops are connected by a trail that I enjoyed walking on. Internet service is spotty there– our Verizon hotspot worked ok, but the Sprint was super slow. There are mountain biking trails that you can access right from the campground so that was nice. You can also go on a short hike up one of the knobs. However, there really isn’t a good view at the top. I loved this campground and would go back in a heartbeat! In fact, I didn’t want to leave!

Red River Gorge

I thought it was a little too crowded for my liking. I prefer sites a little more secluded though. Still enjoyed my stay.

Fallsburg campground

Good place to get away for the weekend.

Camp at twin knobs and hike at tater knob fire tower and lockegee lookout .

The site is good but remember to bring sleeping pad due to you only for site for tent

Always had a nice time there

Primitive camping and rv space. You can rent a cabin and such. There is a resort.  Everything always looks really nice. So many recreational activities, caves, hiking, horses and a lot more. I would really recommend visiting.

Daniel Boone National Forest

Loved this campground! Was near the red river gorge, which is such a beautiful area. Also, if you camp here, go check out nada tunnel! This is a must do in my opinion. This campground had very secluded sites, bathrooms and showers!

Fantastic Hiking to Natural Bridges; Dispersed Camping

Basic dispersed camping on Tunnel Ridge Rd managed by National Forest Service. No fee, but you do need a permit which you can buy at nearby town. Camping is in the forest, so lots of shade. There is no water. Trash disposal and vault toilets at the parking lots at trailheads. Many trails to view natural arches and bluff top / river views. This area attracts climbers and a few arrived around midnight, but weren't too noisy.