Standard (Tent/RV)
No WiFi
RVs and Trailers
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 40 ft.
Mammoth Cave - Mammoth Cave National Park is located in Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky
42 Reviews of Mammoth Cave - Mammoth Cave National Park
Perfect tent amenities

The caves were great but the amenities for tent campers were perfect. Bathrooms were well lit and clean. Water access was nearby.

Great park, okay camping

The park is amazing and definitely worth the stay so you can see the entire park. The campground wasn’t the best I’ve been to, but worth it for the amenities around it. Sites were close together and have a parking lot feel. I didn’t stay in the lodge, but I’d imagine that would be a nice stay if you didn’t want to camp. The deli was nice. We saw wild turkeys everywhere and the caves were absolutely amazing

Huge and lots of people

Imagine a giant parking lot with trees. That’s your campground. RV and tent camping are mixed. Restrooms were rough, but useable, when you’re done waiting.

Great sites

Sites are decently leveled. Some are lower and can flood easy with decent rain. They are only doing 50% capacity right now but even with full capacity it would be comfortable camping as the sites are spaced well. We didn’t get to do the cave tour as they were booked and we didn’t think to book in advance. We will be back

Wonderful park

This park was great and the camping in the park was also very nice. The park had free self guided tour the day we went, which was awesome! They have other guided tours as well, that take you to different parts of the cave. The ice cream at the gift shop was delicious after a hike also!!

Hidden Gem

We went in March and it was chilly! But a great spot for backcountry hiking and camping. We did not see anybody on the trails or on our site! If you want privacy, this is it. We camped at First Creek 1 backcountry site. The caves tours are an amazing experience that I recommend you plan in your itinerary. an 11 mile hike near our camp site has a beautiful little creek and waterfall at the end of the trail.

Shady and peaceful

Fantastic campground with lots of trees. Clean and well maintained this was the best campground I've been to in a long time I went twice in a month. Buy cave tour tickets online before you go as the tours do sell out. If you have kids do the junior ranger program.

Beautiful and fun park!

We had a great time at Mammoth Caves! The tour of the cave was one of the coolest activities we’ve done camping. Very unique and memorable! The caves are VERY cold so I was miserable without a sweater. But very much worth doing!

Wanderlust

I would plan for more time our next visit.   There are so many different cave tours.   We stayed in the cabins.  Nice area and the cabin was very clean with comfortable beds.   The ranger program for the kids is nice and they receive a badge when completed task in the book.  The park area was nice.   We saw deer 🦌 all evening.   No complaints.

Great National Park Campground

If you are looking for something cushy, this is not the campground for you. I happen to love this type of camping, so I'm giving it 5 stars. Here's what to know: No campsite water or electric The bathrooms are just that, bathrooms. Showers are located at the general store which is walkable but it's a small trek. Bring quarters, ones and/or five dollar bills for the shower.
Bring something to carry your water to your campsite for dishes and whatnot. There is a water pump at the bathroom areas. Easy walking access to visitors center. The firewood at the store is BioWood. Good for cooking, burns hot and long. Worth the price. Campsite 20 had a ton of shade trees which helped when it rained but it's in the back and beside a main road.

In May, before Memorial Day, there are no crowds. Bonus! We would stay again if in the area.

Cyber Monday Gift Extended 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift