Fishers, INDIANA

Most Recent Fishers Camping Reviews
One of my favorites since childhood.

I have been going here since I was a kid and very little has changed since. That is one of the great things about it. It's a great place to camp with a tent, t.v. or you could rent a cabin. They also have a quarry you can swim or paddle boat in. It has a slide and a trampoline.  No lifeguard on duty, so be careful. Flat rock river runs by a lot of the camp sites. Makes for a beautiful scenery, good fishing and/or float on it in your kayak or on a raft. Fun for all ages!

Our go to spot

We come to Sugar Creek because it is close and it is a nice campground. We wish there was a pool, but there is the creek. Most sites a spacious unless you are on the water side. Very tight spots there. Staff is very friendly. Campground is clean.

Secluded

My favorite forest with traditional camping, backwoods camping, and a wonderful secret pioneer cabin for rent. This is the best camping within an hour on Indianapolis and if your looking for free and solitary sites try the backwoods camping area for the low gap trail theres a parking lot there.

Clean, fun and family friendly

Wide pull through spots with fire pits, picnic tables and plenty of grass. Tons to do with the kids, organized activities are well done. Staff stays on top of everything and is super helpful. You can rent pedal bikes, pedal boats, store is well stocked.

Decent site for amphitheater camping

I stayed here in June and it was a pretty nice place. Several spots for tent camping, but several electric hookups were not functional. Bathrooms were not impeccable, but they were fairly updated. The only real problem we encountered was the dirt road through the site was difficult to navigate, even though it hadn’t rained for a few days. Just a lot of wear and tear. But super friendly campground, and will definitely return!

Fun place

Great family campground. Nice playground nearby which my son loved. The trail was pretty, a little hard to take the stroller, but we did fine. It was a nice evening walk! Plenty of shaded camp sites. We go here a few times a year. A little over an hour from Noblesville, IN.

Impressive Holiday KOA

We tented for two nights here. The lot was spacious but had a big hill, which made sitting in chairs around a camp fire interesting. The reason I was impressed was, let’s be honest, KOA holiday campgrounds tend to be loud and obnoxious. This isn’t a huge campground though, which kept those things in check.

The splash pad / water park was fun, but was not a pool. It only goes to 3 feet so if you want to swim this is not for you. The water was cold but my kiddos finally got in and had fun on the slides.

The balance between kid fun and peaceful nature is actually on point here. It was beautiful and peaceful but still a blast for kids with the water, playground, and even horses to view (not for riding). The one downfall was the wood prices. The bundles were $6.50 each and the entire bundle burned in about an hour. It can get expensive quick!

Nice Overall

Overall, a pretty nice campground if you’re just passing through. The owners are very friendly and will help you set up if you need it. The spots are close together but they have a very nice pool.

Great Family Camground

We have visited this campground twice now. The first time we stayed in one of the cabins. The cabins are large, bathroom was very clean, large screened in porch. Only con was that the cabins all share one large firepit. This past weekend we stayed in a camper. The sites were a nice size. Clean sites. Bathrooms were decent for a campground in my opinion. The kids had a great time riding bikes, playing on multiple playgrounds, and playing in the lake all day.

A getaway

Sites #P1 and #P10 were very nice and cozy!

Great place to have fun and enjoy the outdoors

Great location to river and rentals on site, one of the friendliest people at the office and make sure your taken care of!

Great State park

Nice state park with hiking trails. Close to town if you need to pick anything up.

Great for families and fun!

We  had an exceptional stay at sugar creek. The staff was beyond pleasant and helpful. We stayed in an electric off creek site. It was very spacious and the campgrounds is well taken care of. The park is great, they offer disc golf, Gaga, and other fun activities. The creek was high for canoeing and tubing the first 2 days but half the family was able to go the third day. Turkey run is only a 35 min drive to beautiful hiking. We can not wait to come back and camp again! All in all we have very few complaints, this includes bathrooms would be nice closer to off creek. And slightly larger shower room for moms with kids along with a couple more hooks to hang stuff.. It’s hard to squeeze in the stall and not have kids touch or drop things. The actual bathroom stalls were clean and taken care of and these are being very picky! Can’t wait to come back.

Love it !!

Not only a great campground, but great owners as well !!

Truly a hidden paradise

Have been going to this campground all my life. I have never had a bad trip to this wonderful place

Best Campground I have ever been.

Good size sites, Ample shade, lots of activities..

Great Campground

This a a very quiet, clean campground. They directed us to our side and the staff was very friendly. Although we didn’t use it, the beach looked nice and a good play set for the kits. Would definitely stay here again. It was a bit more pricey then what we are used to but worth it.

Mighty fine campground for a city

This place is pretty awesome. It's doesn't have any of the typical summer amenities like a pool but the ones it does have are in tip top shape. Campsites also don't have fire rings but there are a bunch of communal ones around the lake. Plus free communal firewood. The laundry and bathhouse is really stellar too. Clean and open 24/7. Plenty of washers and dryers. There are easy back-ins and pull-thrus. Think some of the pull-thrus are for group camping too the way it's set up. Dog park, free cable (like 60 channels!) and internet (haven't tested strength yet)! I dig it!

Nice place to go

It is one of our favorites

ABSOLUTELY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE!!!

This is the best place to go!!  Around Brown County is beautiful! …went once, was hooked! I go back as often as possible! ….CAMPING AT ITS BEST!

Great people, beautiful campground!

This KOA served as " home" for my husband and I for 3 weeks while moving. The family that runs the campground is wonderful and extremely helpful. The little restaurant has great food at good prices, and many ice cream flavors for those hot summer day's! Great pool and a place to let your dog run! The cabin we stayed in had so much privacy and was adorable! We love this KOA and can't wait to go back!

Enjoying our stay

Very nice campgrounds. Payment needs to be by cash or check which I thought was strange in this day and age. Everything is neat and orderly. Roads are a nice and white rock. The pool is small but really nice, 4'6" deep. We found out the hard way toddlers who are not potty trained are not allowed in the pool even with swimmy diapers on. There a basketball net, volleyball court, small playground and fishing ponds. Our camping has a little porch which seemed awesome but with our camper's stairs it was difficult to back in properly. Grounds are well well kept. Enjoying our stay so far!

A nice place to bring the kids.

I think this one is very good for kids. We enjoyed the pool. Had water spraying every which way, a couple slides and a big dump bucket. Deepest part was three foot. The other side is beach style for the little ones. Horse corral right smack in the campground. Chopped up apples and carrots to feed the horses everyday that we were here. Got ice cream, pizza and wings. And they deliver to your sight. Just the nicest folks. So other reviewers were right. One bath house 😬. Can hear traffic. And of coarse like most KOA close together. But over all I like this one a lot. We came for three nights and ended up staying five. Great for a family weekend.

Awesome campground hidden away

We went to White Rock on a tip from a family member who had seen videos about it. When we arrived we found it more than lived up to our expectations. It was reasonably priced, beautiful water, and some amazing jumps for kids of all ages. After a day full of platform jumps, rope swings, and zip lines we picked a campsite down by the Flat Rock river. We had a beautiful shady riverbank site where the kids could splash and float in the river while we cooked dinner. All in all we had a wonderful time in a beautiful hidden gem of a spot we never would have found just driving around.

Fun family campsite

The campsite it very spacious and there’s a decent amount of distance between each site. Sites by the river are especially nice. There’s a small camp store for basic necessities, firewood for sale as well and hot showers! Definitely recommend!

Bucolic Oasis in Peaceful Indiana Countryside

Book a weekend at Heritage Alpaca Farm (be it in a tent, RV, historic cabin, or forest tensile) and you will not regret it. This well-kept farm is tended to by incredible hosts, Tim & Beth. They have put much love into their inviting and scenic country haven.

As RV campers, we pulled into the circular driveway and parked with ease. A 30 amp hookup and water spigot are available within the recreation barn (along with ping-pong and often times Frost, the friendly Great Pyranese). From your rig you have a view of a small alpaca pasture and their covered event space.

Around the barn is a private fire pit, and Tim provided firewood upon request. Private toilets are a few steps away which are very clean.

WHAT MAKES HERITAGE FARM A GEM:

SUNSETS: We loved walking the grounds at dusk, enjoying epic sunsets and watching the fireflies light up, as far as the eye can see. The bicentennial barn is stunning and wonderfully restored. It's great for an excellent up-close look at the alpacas. Tim is a wealth of knowledge about the docile creatures and happy to answer any questions.

FRESH EGGS: We enjoyed farm fresh eggs every morning from their free-range chickens.

COOL CREEK: A small creek runs across the back of their property. On a hot Summer day, it's a nice place to sit and cool off.

ITALIAN PIZZA: An Italian style wood-fired outdoor pizza oven on the grounds is fired up for community pizza nights. Check with hosts to see when they are doing their next pizza night al fresco.

ALPACA STORE: A boutique on property sells luxury alpaca goods like scarves, wraps, socks, and more. The perfect place to pick up Christmas gifts. In November, a local artisan market is hosted here.

BIKING: The roads around the farm are quiet and smooth and make for excellent bike riding.

SWING: A swing on the property is a fun pastime for kids….Or for a small adult with a childlike spirit :)

*The town of Kokomo offers any groceries or amenities you need and is only a 20-minute drive.

Time to eat!

Ranger Review: Grubstick at Holiday KOA Greenfield, Indiana. Campground Review: So, I’ve said it before, KOA’s are not my kind of camping. However I find myself once again with a KOA yearly membership. Why? Because several of the people whom I camp with enjoy the WiFi and other perks of staying at a KOA. I met my brother and his wife at the Holiday KOA https://koa.com/campgrounds/indianapolis/ right outside Indianapolis, Indiana for a very wet tent camp out. I towed my redneck “tent platform” and brought along plenty of tarpage. No kayak, the weather actually dipped into the high thirty’s and I am not a cold weather kayaker. Perks of this KOA are a very nice playground and wading pool area. So if you have younger children, ideal for you. There is a nice size dog park and you can get a nice walk in around the campground. They have delivery style pizza right on site and some planned activities on weekends. There is the aforementioned WiFi and the latrine is newer but lacking in hooks ( I’m a big hook person, where else am I supposed to hang my bathroom bag and clothes while showering or grooming at the sink?) The other issue with the latrine is there is only ONE for the entire campground. This is a nice size campground and it can be a good hike from the backside to the latrine, I know this because I had to make that hike more then once. The other issue with that is not everyone is willing to walk that far when they need to go, so where do you suppose they take care of their business? …. exactly! And then there’s my same old complaint of they fit a camper or tent into every square meter of this park, it can get very full and crowded. Excuse me while I look in your window or can over hear every word you say. Holiday was very well maintained to the point of mowing while I’m trying to set up my area and blowing grass all over everything, please don’t run over my dog…Otherwise we had fun looking for area happenings and shopping. I visited Fort Harrison State Park which was nearby. Product Review: As a Dyrt Ranger I get the opportunity on occasion to review outdoor oriented products. I had the chance to try out Grubstick https://grubstick.com/ and I can say I was excited! I am a campfire cooking kind of person and have tried out many contraptions, the Grubstick is a long time in coming. I say that because this ain’t your grandma’s wiener roasting stick or your moms wicked pointed metal fork that can put your eye out or trip you when it slides down the side of the chair leg. The most phenomenal part of the Grubstick is that the handle is…..RETRACTABLE!!! No more wedging the fork in the most inconvenient place or trying to fit it in your cooking box. The handle when not expanded can fit easily into your pocket, day pack, backpack, fannypack !!! To me that is AWESOME!! Revolutionary! Seems to be sturdier then ones I’ve seen in camp stores. Along with the handle comes two attachments and a easy open handle in a nice, durable carry bag, LOVE IT. Christmas gifts all around! And this was before I checked it out. I have two “sets” and unfortunately one of the sticks broke after only a few retractions and extensions. Perhaps I was too vigorous in my extension technique? So carefully extend your grubstick when using. Otherwise it worked like a dream! And the other stick had no issues, so maybe just a flaw in that one stick? I haven’t contacted the company yet, but I will see how they are about returns or replacements. I roasted some sausages and we toasted some marshmallows for s’mores. The pack up was easy too, nice carry bag to put it all in, I usually carry or reuse a freezer type bag for “dirty” silverware etc. I removed the fork head off the Grubstick and it went right in. No MESS! No Long Pointy Stick with goo at the end to wrap and store. Love it! I didn’t use the Grubstick basket while camping so I pulled it out at the house to add some footage and testing. If Grubstickadds a pie pan attachment, I’m one of the first in line to get it!! Happy Camp Cooking ;)

Quiet, just right!

I’ve camped here several times and have always enjoyed it. When tent camping and want something quiet and a place with great trails, this is a good place to go. Even though it’s hot outside today, there’s lots of shade and a breeze. At this campground, there are two areas of pit toilets, and a big outdoor sink. Fire wood and maps can be obtained just up the road at the new Morgan Monroe headquarters. A self pay station is set up there. You select your site, set up, then go pay. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring and plenty of room for tenting with most sites big enough for a trailer. There’s a playground at the entrance of Mason Ridge campground and a fire tower.

Poor wi-fi

He is good people are fine they publish that they offer free Wi-Fi however the Wi-Fi is so spotty it barely works. When asked about it they said they have new stuff but the old stuff is what they’re using.

Very Quiet

Well maintained campground with good hosts. My only complaint is it’s too quiet. Strict 11:30 quiet time and I’m usually just getting drunk at that time