The best BOAT IN camping near
Trowbridge , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Trowbridge Camping Reviews
Great family friendly environment

The park campground and all of its facilities were very clean. The park employees were friendly and super helpful. My family had a great time fishing. The lake was well stocked and maintained. We will definitely go back.

Good stop over

The campground is fairly small. They appeared to have all gravel sites with minimal grass. There are fire rings by request. The sites are fairly tight. Couldn’t erect our screen house even if we wanted to. The staff was friendly and informative. They guided us to our site which was good, I never would have found my site without their help. Like I said, all gravel without clear markings or signage. I might use this place again but only as a one night stop over.

Great little state park with solid facilities

We only live about an hour north of Fox Ridge, so we made a last minute trip down for an extended weekend when the weather was perfect. :)  It took a bit of maneuvering to get into our site, due to the trees on each side of the site, but once we got in, we were really happy with the space and privacy.  There was a playground for the kiddos across the street, a bathroom a few sites down, and the bathhouse was a short walk away.  It was the perfect place to spend a low key fall weekend.  Btw, we stayed in site 14, which, as I mentioned, wasn't easy to back into, but wow did it have a lot of space once we were able to get parked!

Very nice camping

Lots to do and see. They have a bridge and trail that connect campsite to marina. Looove it

Looking for a respite in the middle of Lincoln country? Fox Ridge State Park Satisfied.

We found out that the back loop was not available due to downed trees, but that didn't diminish the stay for us. (Back loop was no electric and normally first come, first serve.)

We couldn't reserve a site because it was March and because of the time of year, and Covid I suppose, so it was first come, first served. You have to put your fee in the envelope provided when you enter the front loop. Reserved campsites were supposed to be posted on the board, but I didn't see a list.

$18 for electric was very reasonable. The restroom near our site, #13, was open, but no lights and no shower. We almost needed it as a tornado shelter the evening we stayed, but the thunderstorms were all we had to deal with.

There is a dump station. We didn't need it.

Huge lake, nice camping

Camped here in a tent. Loved it. Raccoons are really brave and ate not afraid of humans. They know how to rip open a tent for food. Nothing is safe here. But a beautiful lake and campground.

Crazy Convenient Overnight Spot

This place was a godsend. I called frantically searching for a space in late November and was greeted by a lovely person who got me all set up over the phone. She had me call as I was approaching and came down and met me at the office to check me in. It had water (with defroster on the podium), sewer and functional electric. Unfortunately the weather was garbage and I didn’t get to explore the lake but it was a great experience none the less.

Great Stop-off

We stopped here on our way home for one night, but got in early enough to enjoy a walk and have a camp fire that evening. Small park but very long, narrow pull through sites on the full hook up side, there were some smaller water/electric sites that looked to be more of a parking lot that sites, but well spaced out and adequate. The camp host was very friendly and the camp store was well stocked.

Small Lake And Beautiful

It's a small campground that offers a playground,bathhouse, hiking trails, and a small swimming area. There is easy access walking down to the marina. With small towns close to this state park.

Great Fall Weekend at Coon Creek

We spent the weekend at Coon Creek and had a great time.  I enjoyed our Site #14.  There was a path behind our site that led to a private "beach". Brought my camp chair down the path, and enjoyed my coffee enjoying the lake view while my kiddos were hunting for more frogs.  There are flushing toilets, but weren't that great to me… doors wouldn't lock and there were no soap dispensers. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay.