Camping in Round Prairie

255 Reviews of 68 Round Prairie, Illinois Campgrounds

c
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Not a good experience

The sites were fine but the pit toilets were filthy. They also have a problem with skunks. One came through in the middle of the night. Luckily it didn’t spray our tent.

Month of VisitOctober
HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Good and large campground I went during the middle of the week after Labor Day and I was able to find a nice secluded site 100 yards from the nearest camper The bathrooms were nice and clean I would stay here again

Site??
Month of VisitOctober
kent F.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Coles Creek

Core of Engineers built and run this campground, Clean,sites are spaced out nicely.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Brand New!

Just Opened August 16, 2021. Self park/ self pay. Call ahead for availability.

• Plenty of room for big rigs
  • Community fireplace almost finished
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Good Stop N Go

We stayed one night and had no issues. Huge pull thru sites for about 4 rigs. Lots of grass for 4 legged friends. Good Mexican food restaurant about 4.5 miles towards town. Park host very nice.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Very disappointed

We stopped here because it was right off the highway and had great reviews! However, upon arrival, the woman working in the office was INCREDIBLY rude to me and made me feel very uncomfortable. I’m guessing this was due to my appearance- it was hot and I was wearing shorts and I have tattoos.…

Jan S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Absolutely gorgeous

There are alot of campsites to choose from. They all have some shade but most are totally shaded with large trees. Sites have gravel pads . Each one has a grassy area (big) which was perfect for our pups. We walked the whole camping area and actually there are no bad sites. We are here on a…

• view this morning
    Play button icon
  • Squirrels!!
M
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Beautiful Family Friendly

Well kept, clean sites. Friendly and helpful gate staff. Large sites.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Hateful Host

While setting up our tents a woman came strutting down the road and in a hateful voice hollered "You've got 5 minutes to get your car out of here." Come to find out she was the camp host and apparently there was a small sign that one couldn't drop off supplies even though I am disabled. I…

Siteprimitive camping
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

If you want a quiet campground, this is the place

Seriously though.... this campground is perfect for children. Beautiful nature trails, multiple playgrounds, a lake for fishing, and a nature center. Our family comes here often for a quick and easy getaway. There are a few downsides though. Pit toilets. No electric. That’s it. I honestly don’t…

Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Very nice and growing fast

New campground with putt putt, playground, restaurant, cabins, driving range, and ice cream parlor. It was just built a few years ago and has already grown bigger and bigger. There are always RV’s there. Once the trees grow bigger, it’ll be awesome. Not too crowded. Clean. Basically a great place…

Small town campground

They have just redone this camp ground with new concrete pads, new bathhouse, and new electrical. It’s very peaceful. Some people may leave their camper there all season but that’s only a couple of spots. Not bad for a small campground in a small community.

Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Classic state park campground

Everything was clean and exactly what you’d expect from an Indiana state park. This is a big campground so things are a bit cramped but we went on a rainy weekend so we had plenty of room. There is a pool in the park (closed to do COVID) and decent hiking trails.

Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Great Overnight stop

Nice, quiet campground. Very friendly hosts, great hours, and an on-site small bar!!