Lerna , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Lerna Camping Reviews
Crazy Convenient Overnight Spot

This place was a godsend. I called frantically searching for a space in late November and was greeted by a lovely person who got me all set up over the phone. She had me call as I was approaching and came down and met me at the office to check me in. It had water (with defroster on the podium), sewer and functional electric. Unfortunately the weather was garbage and I didn’t get to explore the lake but it was a great experience none the less.

Great Stop-off

We stopped here on our way home for one night, but got in early enough to enjoy a walk and have a camp fire that evening. Small park but very long, narrow pull through sites on the full hook up side, there were some smaller water/electric sites that looked to be more of a parking lot that sites, but well spaced out and adequate. The camp host was very friendly and the camp store was well stocked.

Perfect stop!

Barb and Gary were the most accommodating hosts! We had called 2 hours out, on our way from Ohio to Arkansas, and they met our every need; even on such short notice! Perfect stop off of I70. Beautiful walking paths, convenient, great pricing. They filled us up on LP too. Thanks again, Barb and Gary!

Very nice .

Nice place for big campers

Nice overnight stay

We spent a quick night on our cross country trip and we’d stay again. Accommodated our same day reservation. We got a water/electric pull through in the overflow area on the north side. Most of the campers on that end seemed to be semi-permanent vacation trailers and were empty for the most part. The other side was a little more bustling but overall it was a very quite park. Kid friendly, well cared for and thoughtfully laid out . Pond is beautiful and visible from most spots. Freeway noise was unobtrusive. Old school mom and pop place with a friendly vibe!

Perfect

Great place, very clean $40 per night not bad includes WiFi electric, water, sewer, there’s a pool and a lake, shower house for man and woman. Friendly staff

Awesome spot

Pretty awesome site. Parked right by the lake front. Private and quite. We paid $12 for primitive.

There is also a really nice loop around the lake with a swimming spot and some old cabins for some westworld feels.

Tarmac pretty smooth for a longboard glide almost all the way around the lake.

Recommended

“Beach” in Indiana

Primitive and camper sites available first come, first serve. $12 primitive tent sites on water. Kinda close together and some are shaded. Sites have sandbox pads. Pets allowed. Nice bathhouses. “Beach” open 12-6. Also have a Pioneer Village and nice playgrounds (not open due to Covid). Great place for fishing, picnicking, canoeing/kayaking. Clean, but a little noisy. Lots of families here.

basic

We stayed at this campground for two nights. It was very flat, there were ponds to go fishing. access was easy. Water was available on the grounds. The toilets were pit toilets. I really enjoyed the campground mostly because there were lots of empty sites. I suspect in the spring it get flooded but it was fine on the time we stayed.

Helpful staff and relaxing atmosphere

Nice relaxing little stop. A little close to the highway, but it wasn't an issue. Very friendly and helpful staff. Their annual music show was a nice plus to our first night of our week-long adventure. A+ on the bathrooms.