Fox River Estates , ILLINOIS

Camping Illinois Fox River Estates

Most Recent Fox River Estates Camping Reviews
One night test run

We live less than five minutes from Rock Cut and wanted to test out our pop up camper. It's off season so the showers were not open yet but there were open toilets. Wasn't too many other campers so it was nice and quiet. Hiking trail is right next to the campground which was nice. You can hear the highway at night which kinda takes away from the nature vibes but overall I was very happy with our one night stay.

If you’re not a member, you’ll be treated like you don’t belong

Can you say absolutely rude!!! I don't know who Mike is and wether he just works there or is the owner. I will never spend a dime with that park. You may think you're an exclusive members only club, but your attitude and demeanor is what will kill your business.

Let me give some background to the readers. I called the park back in February asking about monthly rv spots. At the time I was told on the phone that we didn't require a membership as monthly renters because if we did have a membership we would have to leave the property after 21 and be away for 7. Okay cool. We'll do the monthly and not do the membership.

I called today and spoke with Mike, who's tone and demeanor was rude from the get go. I called and he answered "Leisure Lakes". Not a hello this is Mike or thank your for calling how can I help you. Nothing! Rude. Strike 1. Okay anyways. We went in to talk about a monthly rental, we walked in the office and "Can I help you?" Not a "welcome to leisure lakes, how can help you today?" Nothing, rude! Strike 2. He started to explain the rental and said you need to be a member of the lakes or of Good Sam. I explained when I called that the person I talked to had said I don't need a membership for doing the monthly rental. Mike's response, "okay, here it is. I'm only going to say it one more time". Really! If you talk to your customers like that, I don't want to spend a penny there ever! Who talks to customers like that. Strike 3. I said to him, "If you're going to be a d$&@, I don't want to rent from here anyways if your just going to be rude. You demeanor on the phone was rude and your even more rude in person". His response,, "Bye". I guess when you think you have an exclusive membership rv park, you can treat people like that. Members beware and future people interested beware. If this is how people are treated when interested in knowing more, how do you think you'll be treat when you're actually staying there?!

If you don't believe what I wrote, look at other reviews that mention how rude they are. I guess they equally treat everyone as if they are wasting their time.

Perfect State Park

I spent most of 2020 here. Close to everything you’ll ever need while camping. Only negative are the same everywhere you bag go. Other campers not respecting the earth or other people. Love this place.

Permanently closed.

Permanently closed.

Commerical, but not packing them in

This is a very popular campground. Lots of big rigs who seem to be staying for quite a while. Our relatives recommended this one since some of their friends use it for "the summer." A very nice, well manicured campground. Though a commercial-style, it does not feel like it. Sites are well spaced. Full trees around the perimeter, but not a lot for shade over the campsites. Water and electrical at every site.  Very easy in and out, for any sized rig.

There have been 2 murders here

I have to admit that I’ve not camped here, but I just downloaded Dyrt and was looking at local sites around where I live and saw this campground posted and felt I needed to be very clear about the conditions here. I’ve driven through, and it’s quite frightening. Just Google the name and read the news articles to get a clear picture of what this place is about. It’s not safe, clean or anyplace someone should camp.

Not what you’d expect

More of a yard style, open camping. No privacy. Lots of kids everywhere. No alcohol allowed. Packed during the day at the beach. Ok trails.

Some really nice spots

The area has lots of RV and Campers strewn about- but the tent spots are spacious and right along the river. I camped there on a great night in early November and had the whole place to my self. Quiet, beautiful, and the staff was very nice.

Nice state park

We stopped for a night on our way through.  Had a nice quiet spot right on the river.  With the locks closed this year, the traffic on the river was way down.  It would have been fun to watch the boats but oh well.  Easy in and out right off the interstate.  Not busy at all mid week.

Nice

clean, private, tree-covered sites, often campsites are available on busy camping days! nice folks work here also :)