The best GROUP camping near
Grand View , IDAHO

Most Recent Grand View Camping Reviews
On the Reservoir

A large campground geared toward boating with a great location right on the reservoir. Not a lot of shade trees but a beautiful high desert setting.

Out in the middle of NOWHERE

Fort Running Bear RV Park, Idaho

If you like the middle of nowhere, you will like Fort Running Bear RV Park. It is approximately 32 miles to the middle of nowhere, the last three are on a dirt road. You are driving through scrub country with no trees and hills in the distance. Then you see a copse of trees in the distance. That is where you end up. This is an older campground, private and family run. There is a shower house attached to the swimming pool and a laundry room. The sites have room around them for tents, bikes, etc; a covered picnic table , most have shade and fire rings. There are full hookup sites and basic sites. When we visited the wind was wiping through the area. The owners are personable and friendly, the campground is well maintained. The shower house …clean and a little old. This would be a nice place to spend a quiet weekend or time with the family. It would not make sense to use this campground for a base camp due to the distance from anywhere.

Nice park near the water

This is one of the few overnight camp spots on the reservoir. It’s not always super clean. The garbage cans fill up quickly and sometimes over flow. Great day access for boats. Not a lot of shade for tent camping, so it can get warm in the summer.

Great for ATV's

If you are a fan of motorized vehicles and access to lots of off road adventure, this would be a great campground for you.  I like quiet tent camping, hence the 3 star rating, others might rate it higher.  We were here in the fall and there were a lot of hunters staying here.  We did see some road hunting so be careful if you are out here during hunting season.

Urban Awesomeness!

This spot is on the Boise River, a short trek from wineries, shopping and the river.  Something for everyone!  Nice people, great location.

Great open area on water!

Several sites along reservoir with camping literally on the water's edge. Out of probably a dozen sites, most are rv friendly, even a couple of sites for big rigs. This campground is a utility operated natural area by Idaho Power and very well maintained. Fishing, kayaking and bird watching abounds. Very quiet, has the cleanest pit toilets I've ever seen (there's 3), fire pit rings, boat launch and excellent verizon cell service. Paved road through pristine farmland to the gravel road entrance about 3 miles beyond the small community of Bruneau. 5 stars.

Arrowrock off season

Super great spot that is close to town - pro's and con's are already covered and i agree - especially packing out more than you pack in as trash spoils the appeal.  Driving a large bed camper isn't so bad but is slower for sure and the narrow spots can be sketchy with multi-vehicle with trailers meeting there.  I like the shoulder seasons best - wish i had a boat to add additional fun.  Your results might vary but I've had nothing but fun in the area.

Perfect choice!

The owner told me their family found this hot springs while they were on the Oregon trail! Loved this information. The owners are welcoming and the whole place feels friendly. I was able to rest well between two friendly trees. The pool is clean and healing.

Electric problems - check electric hookups before setting up

We got one of the last spots as they were slammed with Oregon wildfire evacuees. We were grateful as we were required to be in Boise for 2 days. But when we hooked up I found the 30 amp outlet melted & broken and the 110 outlet blackened from spark damage. The office was closed but I managed to find a maintenance man to come look at the outlet He replaced the 30 amp outlet & left. Then I hooked up my surge protector and got reverse polarity warnings. I located the manager & told her I wanted to move as I won't use a faulty outlet. She agreed to refund my money & let us stay because they had no other spaces. Next day I went to the office & the lady there said they were very familiar with the reverse polarity problem. I asked about a reduced rate for the second night & she said she'd send an electrician to fix the problem that afternoon. We had no power for 2 very hot days. No electrician ever came. I was only charged one night on my CC statement but that comes to $20 night for no power.