Grand View , IDAHO

Most Recent Grand View Camping Reviews
A forgotten gem

We camped here in June 2020. There are clean vault toilets but not much else. The reservoir was practically empty. There were not picnic tables and the roads off the main road were not maintained. It was hard to tell if there were campsites there at all, but there were fire rings so we pulled in next to one and set up. One other camper came in later and set up down by the lake, but otherwise it was really quiet. Nice place to get away from everyone during a pandemic.

These Yurts are Awesome!

I have only been to there in the winter but I imagine that hiking in is just a beautiful!   You need to bring everything but a bed and stove, which are in the yurt.  Lots of hiking or cross-country skiing in the area.

On the Reservoir

A large campground geared toward boating with a great location right on the reservoir. Not a lot of shade trees but a beautiful high desert setting.

Wonderful Ammenities, friendly people

😉👍

Right on the reservoir

This is not my ideal place to camp.  No where to tent camp but there is camper and RV camping in what I would describe as "parking lot style".  That said, if your goal is accessing the water, the boat ramp is right across the dam and this is a glorious place for boating.

Great for ATV's

If you are a fan of motorized vehicles and access to lots of off road adventure, this would be a great campground for you.  I like quiet tent camping, hence the 3 star rating, others might rate it higher.  We were here in the fall and there were a lot of hunters staying here.  We did see some road hunting so be careful if you are out here during hunting season.

Great open area on water!

Several sites along reservoir with camping literally on the water's edge. Out of probably a dozen sites, most are rv friendly, even a couple of sites for big rigs. This campground is a utility operated natural area by Idaho Power and very well maintained. Fishing, kayaking and bird watching abounds. Very quiet, has the cleanest pit toilets I've ever seen (there's 3), fire pit rings, boat launch and excellent verizon cell service. Paved road through pristine farmland to the gravel road entrance about 3 miles beyond the small community of Bruneau. 5 stars.

Arrowrock off season

Super great spot that is close to town - pro's and con's are already covered and i agree - especially packing out more than you pack in as trash spoils the appeal.  Driving a large bed camper isn't so bad but is slower for sure and the narrow spots can be sketchy with multi-vehicle with trailers meeting there.  I like the shoulder seasons best - wish i had a boat to add additional fun.  Your results might vary but I've had nothing but fun in the area.

Perfect choice!

The owner told me their family found this hot springs while they were on the Oregon trail! Loved this information. The owners are welcoming and the whole place feels friendly. I was able to rest well between two friendly trees. The pool is clean and healing.