Fires Unknown
About Lake Walcott State Park
Lake Walcott State Park is located in Idaho
2 Reviews of Lake Walcott State Park
More for boating than little kids

I’ll start by saying that we were overcome with insects. That clearly tainted my experience. Maybe the bugs are only there at certain times but they were thick. People were wearing head nets and we spoke with a number of people who were cutting their trips short as a result. Beyond that there was no real good water access for the kids. There was a pretty good park with play equipment for the kids during the midday hours. It probably wouldn’t be too bad for a day spot.

Lake Walcott with the family

My daughter and son-in-law were visiting from out of state and wanted to go camping and bring the boats. We chose Lake Walcott mostly because of the campsites that were right on the lake. There is a dock although we didn't use it as we had the canoes and kayaks with us which we were able to just tie up at the campsite. The toilets were within walking distance and was clean and stocked. I noticed there were rental cabins as well but we were in tents. The only downside was a very rowdy group of teenagers that decided to camp right next door to us. Great lake for the boats. We had a blast!