St. Simons , GEORGIA

Camping Georgia St. Simons

Most Recent St. Simons Camping Reviews
Great stop!

We stopped here for two nights on our trip to Florida. The host was friendly and helpful. They set us up in the perfect spot-all their spots were very nice with concrete pads and ample space.

Nice quiet adn relaxing

LSW is a nice quiet park. Playground for the kids. Walking trails, boardwalk on one end of the lake. Lake isnt big, boats and jet skis are limited. I hear the fishing is good. Lots of open areas to enjoy. Bikes, canoes and kayaks to rent.

We were in site#2. Nice level site. The site directly behind us was somewhat close, but otherwise a good site. We have friends in#30 and#31, not too close but not too far away.

The hosts did a good job of keeping the bathhouse clean and stocked. The office staff were helpful and nice. Over all a nice park that we will visit again.

Bring your bikes!

We had planned to come to Jekyll Island but did not realize how packed the campground would be. They managed to find us a spot but wanted a two night minimum because it was the weekend. Spots were a bit on top of eachother, but once we got out for the campground to explore the island we fell in love!
So many bike trails all around the island! We rode all the way into town and back, stopping at the market and riding over to the historic district was super neat! Also if you make it there in the winter they have an amazing light show set up under the oak trees which we just stumbled upon, jaw dropping! Jekyll island is highly recommended, the campground is OK if you don’t mind being on top of eachother… we like our space 😅

Hidden gem

I stayed at Beaver Creek for a little over a month. It's very quiet but convenient to stores and about 15 minutes from Jesup Georgia which is a small but adequate town. Miss Shirley, the owner, is very friendly and helpful. I'll go back any chance I get. Randy C.

Easy Overnight Stop

We are always comfortable stopping here, usually after what turns out to be a long first day on the road from Carolina to Florida. The super-friendly hosts lead you into your site, offer ideas for local take-out, then give you breakfast some days before you hit the road again.

Was happy to find this place

Had a tire blow on 95 just a mile from here. We were so happy for our unscheduled stop. Great store on sight. Free breakfast and pizza and wings delivered to your site.

Surrounded by nature

Lots of trees everywhere. They tuck the sites among the trees. Staff was very helpful at check in, lead us right to our spot. Walking distance to pier and Driftwood Beach. They rent bikes. You really need a car or bike to explore the island.

Great KOA

We have stopped here several times as a one nighter on a trip. Easy in and out and they have a grill you can order dinner from. Not necessarily the best food, but keeps me from cooking so I'll take it!! Also have a complimentary breakfast.

Breathtaking too close to each other

I love camping growing up and I loves going to the beach so I was very excited to come to Jekyll Island but I’m really disappointed let me tell you God did his handiwork here this place is absolutely breathtaking and we got lucky we’re tent camper so we’re in a corner in the back of us is nothing but words which is amazing for us but the campground itself there’s one campsite on top of another and there’s too many people with no space and I heard they’re just building more instead of spreading people out I think at one time this could’ve been a very incredible place if you’re looking for privacy and one with nature this is not it! If you don’t mind your friendly neighbor at a campground and this is the place for you I can’t say it’s not a beautiful place when I’m camping I want to be alone

Great Lake, a little crowded.

If you aren’t lucky to get one of the sites right on the lake the inner sites can get a little crowded with very little privacy. One of the sites farther off the lake hugging the treeline would have been nice. Otherwise nice facilities and great playground. Swimming area and kayaks to rent. Nice cabins, but quite a hike to them if you have friends staying there.