Isle of Hope , GEORGIA

Most Recent Isle of Hope Camping Reviews
breezy bike ride to Savannah

Stayed for a night on my drive from New Jersey to Florida. Easy access, great facilities, and a nice bike ride to Savannah (bridge is a bit dicey, but drivers gave good clearance).

Great Park

We stayed over Christmas and had a great time. Beautiful facility. There was lots to do and they kept us well informed of activities. Would definitely stay here again!

Beautiful and Quiet

Fort McAllister has a little bit of everything. You get the history, 4 miles of hiking trails, the river, and camping! The campground is quiet and the campsites are nicely spaced. Water and electric is available as well as restrooms and showers. You can purchase firewood on site for your campfires. There’s pull through sites for trailers/RV’s as well as tent only sites. You can rent kayaks at the boat dock if you’d like. I had plenty of cell reception (Verizon) and the staff in the office were very nice. Site 16 was huge with water and electric. Plenty of trees for hammocks which I love :) The trail to the lookout tower was closed when i visited in Dec 2020 but it was still a nice experience and that just means I have to come back and visit again!

Lots to do onsite and close to downtown Savannah

We wanted to stay at Creekfire for a couple reasons: (1) wanted somewhere we haven't been before but not too far from home and (2) I wanted to visit downtown Savannah…Creekfire met both those. It was an easy 4.5 hour drive, right off the highway and about 15 minutes from diwntown Savannah. The RV resort has lots of activities: heated pool, hot tub, lazy river (closed while we were there due to the cold), pool tables, ladder ball, ping pong table, outdoor chess, fishing (lake front sites are definitely our favorites), golf cart rental, picnic table and firepit at site and a shuttle to downtown Savannah on certain days. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Only a couple cons, but for us not worth taking a star away: very few trees (I would imagine in summer the heat and bugs would not make for ideal camping), restaurant is only opened Wednesday-Saturday (we were there Saturday to Wednesday). We will most definitely be back with friends that will be staying in their cabins!

Nice Time

Great stop at skidaway. They accommodate late arrivals. Beautiful campgrounds. Big Ferry Trail is great at dusk/sunset. Hot showers.

Lush and charming

The Spanish Moss and dreamy trails make this spot spectacular. We were assigned site 87, which was a little too close to bathrooms but did have all the amenities, plus seemed to be a brunch spot for a family of deer (saw them twice). Sites are somewhat private, even in winter. Hot shower. Would definitely return.

Love location!

Super clean organized and nice trails .

Quiet and beautifully spaced out sites

Stayed here for 4 days my wife and I loved it. This was our first trip in our 25 ft Kodiak Dutchman, so we didn't know what to expect. This place was the perfect place for 1st time RV campers we had water and electric and dump station . This park has beautiful trails well maintained scenic with wild life deer and birds . We hiked all the trails. The park has showers and restrooms.

Quiet, friendly, flat, nice pull thru, clean bathroom, boat dock great

Campsite 14 faces road so less privacy but campground was nice and clean. Showers were clean and warm and family oriented. Boat dock area has couple bench swings that were wonderful relaxing. Deer came close at night.

Largest campsites, great separation

Arrived here for a four-night tent stay. Easy drive in from Tomoka State Park up I-95. Got the last spot at #62 which is very large and has a large tent pad. The electric and water hookups are on the edge of the street, so I had to use both the 75 and 25 foot extension cords to give power to the tent. There's a fire pit and a large picnic table. The restrooms are clean, as well as the laundry room. The dumpster and recycling bin are a bit far from 62, so bring your bicycle, lol. Deer were roaming the grounds in the early morning. Lots of birds singing at sunrise too. Great place. The 45-min drive up to Tybee Island Beach is totally worth it, with beautiful marshes and flatlands along the way. Beach photos included here.