The best TENT SITES camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Forest Valley Camping Reviews
One of my favorites

We tent camped at Amicolola in early May 2020…ir was cold one night but we built a great fire in the firepit which kept us warm.The camp sites are spacios gravel and fenced.I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the park and the amenities, the restrooms were very well kept and the park manager was gracious. They have a water fall and several trails leading dow to a well stocked pond. My grandson caughed dinner…yum. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to go back.

Wonderful Lake Lanier

This is a wonderful easy access multi sited campground. Boat ramps and lots of trees. Good beaches and lots of room in between sites.

Great views of Chattahoochee

Wonderful walks, good fishing most of the year. Can be heavily used at times.

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Many trials

Fort Yargo is a bit of history for Georgia, restored cabin from 1792. Boating, hiking, camping and cabins with another area that is a private resort. Lots of room 1816 acres, 16 cabins, 6 yurts. Many tent and trailers spots. #34 has full hookups. There is a nice pavilion and a fairly new welcome center. It is easy to get to and there is playgrounds for the young ones.

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

A great place to stay for a short time

This is a nice, clean campground to stay while traveling. There are close restaurants nearby and decent bathrooms which seemed newly renovated.

They had dog walking areas too. Everything was clean and had a good feel to it.

Small, but designed well

This is a smaller park, but the sites are spread out well. Super quiet, lots of trails to follow - including paved ones (bonus for us as we have a baby in a stroller), full hook ups (w,e,s), and has a splash park during the summer time. We will be returning quite a bit since it’s close to home.

Freedom Rocks

Brand new place that is definitely worth a visit if you like freedom. You can tell that the property has been empty for quite some time, but I saw a pretty good bit of progress during the time I spent there. I'll definitely be returning for a visit again soon when the weather is a bit warmer!

Family Park

This park is just renovated, the bathhouses are clean nice and big.. The sites are pretty big, shaded, no level but not too bad I'm always prepared,and we'll mainteined. It has has 2 dump stations. The park has a nice hiking trails and bikes trails, dog friendly.