Tariffville, CONNECTICUT
Most Recent Tariffville Camping Reviews
Owners Kids are ruining this Beautiful Campground

I stayed here for 1 season and loved it at first. The owners Ray and Irene were the sweetest most helpful couple. You could tell they took pride in the property they have owned for more than 50 years.  When we first got there  we were planning on coming back every year but then we met their sons and grandson and had never been more disappointed. They were taking over the property and ruining the entire experience. They were rude, disrespectful, and arrogant. The rules were constantly changing  but no one could provide anything in writing .  The rates went up  but the service and ammenities went down . We came to a place like this to get away from people like that. It's very unfortunate that customer service just isn't a priority anymore. I would recommend going to Riverdale, Wolf's Den or even Chatfield Hollow where they have no amenities but the experience will be great.

No dispersed camping.

tried to just do the check boxes but it wouldnt let me submit without a bunch of dates i dont know.

Favorite place to camp in CT....

Well spaced out lots, you have a lot of privacy, there is a drive in movie theater 10 min away (we always tailgate a movie as tradition) it’s close to a bunch of quaint towns.

One of my all time favorite hikes.

A good old place

My BSA troop has been going here for years to help new scouts learn to camp. It is a very casual site and good for your first trip, you are close to your car and the road in case you need it so no need for a bear bag. I like the sites

Cabins & trails are great!

Stayed in a cabin on the lower loop. Went hiking all day. Kinda close together sites, but the trails make up for it.

Beautiful family campground w/large grassy sites. On the Natchaug River

This campground is so scenic. Surrounded by the Natchaug forest, and adjacent to the Natchaug River. Great activities for everyone.

The best Family campground around

You won’t leave regretting your choice to camp here

Great!

Nice campground, friendly staff, great trails around it. Would come back.

Great facilities. Beautiful beach. Sometimes crowded.

Beach can be crowded. But it is worth it. Nice food shack. Great family place.

Beautiful beach. Clean facilities. Family friendly.

We love this place. Beautiful beach. Fishing. Swimming. Crabbing. Camp store. Clean facilities. Large flat sites.

Too many rules

There are alot of things to do there but so many rules. You cant really have a great time.

If ur able to snatch/reserve near ocean it's 5 *s, sites I95 traffic =3*

Going after Labor day weekend has many perks! Water may be unusually warm. Campground traffic was sparse. Sunrises spellbound glory. 6 Friends came for day visit & were mesmerized by everything!

Had no idea it was there!

Stayed in October 2018. Tucked away in the woods I never knew this was there! Beautiful pond and a good mix of seasonal and overnight sites as well as cabins. Plenty of areas to walk our dogs and have them swim. Playgrounds, bath houses throughout and fully stocked camp store with anything you could ever need. Organized events, cafe on site and quick drive (or Uber ride) to Mohegan Sun.

Loved it!!!

Deep in the woods. Great variety of activities. Swimming lake, canoeing lake, pool, playgrounds. Choice of shade in trees or open field. Nice sites. Decent laundry and showers. Great place with kids…..lots of seasonal, but plenty short term. We will be back!!!

It was ok

The group site was nice and secluded. Was not a fan of taps being played every night, gave off a very creepy vibe my kids weren't into. Not much to do. Loved the salamanders though!

Been camping here for years

Pros:

1. You can get a VERY large site that easily fits 3 tents.
  2. The area is lovely and the people in the area are really nice too.
  3. There is a lake across the street where you can paddle, swim, etc… (free to campers)
  4. The showers are free and the water is usually warm.
  5. True, there are cows on the farm hill… but I think that's nice.
  6. If you go during the week the place is a ghost town.

Cons:

1. True, there are skunks and other animals that are residents and they are prolific.
  2. True, the bathrooms are usually unclean, they run out of tissue, there is only 1 shower for the entire bathroom AND they clean them right when people are waking and need to pee (between 7-8).
  3. True, people drive too fast on the road between the campground and lake AND in the campground.
  4. The recycling and garbage truck will wake you around 6-7 am.
  5. I would never camp here on a weekend…. it is a party place then.
  6. True, the people who work there have lots of arbitrary rules (like you may not tie ANYTHING to trees) but they don't follow through on the important ones like drinking and quiet times.

Truly, it's a lovely place but I'm not sure that you couldn't find better. I like Lake Waramaug for a large group during the week… otherwise, I'd pass.

Clean and friendly

Beautiful views, nice hiking trails

A very tired campground. Full of problems and inconsistencies.

This campground changed in the last few years, but not for the better. It is apparent that the manager does not like campers. If you have a tent, you are treated ok, until you violate one of their endless rules. Then they have the police escort you out.. If you have a pop-up or anything above the ground on wheels they make your life miserable and prevent you from camping in the front row where the sites are larger, level, and have a lake view. Bathrooms are dirty and uncared for, toilet paper is non-existent in the afternoon. Alcohol is not allowed but is poorly enforced. Quiet hours are not enforced. Two cars per site is not enforced. Loud Boomboxes are the norm. People using the lakeside state park walk through your campsite to go use the campground bathroom and showers - hence the toilet paper issue in the bathroom. Unfortunately, some of those day picnickers think your stuff is free for the taking. NEVER LEAVE YOUR STUFF UNGUARDED. The numerous skunks are an unwelcomed camp amenity. Watch your children, cars go racing through the campground! If you are looking for stress free and peaceful, this is not the place. It is party central on the weekends.The staff leaves at random times, either 3 pm, 5 pm or 9 pm and then you are on your own. But don't worry, there is a sometimes functioning emergency phone outside the camp office. Oh yes, and there is no cell service in that area. Have fun. But I'm not going back. Are you sure you want to camp here?

Quiet and friendly seasonals

I have stayed here many times over the years due to work in the area. The owners are always working on improving sites. The pool is ok, the new playground is awesome according to my little experts and there are some nice sites along a brook. It does get busy at times and in one case very noisy. The owners addressed the issue right away and asked the group to leave the next morning. I, sorry for the bad experience another camper had but the owners have always been very friendly and helpful to me.

Wells State Park

I was very pleasantly surprised by this Park, just tucked away off of Route 49 in Sturbridge. While I didn’t get to explore the entire grounds, I was impressed with how beautiful and shaded the Park was and all the trails it had to offer. Plus, it is practically down the road from Treehouse Brewery, near Sturbridge Village, Hyland Orchard and countless other community amenities.

It is absolutely lovely in the fall, especially on the water at the campers’ beach. Quite calm and scenic. Site 2, right nearby, is a great spot. Fairly large and literally feet away from the beach.

Quite family friendly campground with large RV spaces

Located in the quite cornerbof CT. The RV sites are very large and the owners gonoutbof their way to my you happy.

They recently installed”At Home Quality” WiFi so the whole family can enjoy the weekend.

A rural family campground near Barre, MA

We stayed in Coldbrook twice, one on Violet and once on Daisy, both times in June for the Spartan Race. The guests were split between weekend warriors and hard-core seasonals. The roads were all dirt and the initial drive down into the campground is very steep. The amenities are nice, with a 9 hole golf-course, a nice pool and splash zone, a game room, playground, and covered picnic area. Both times we stayed in a tent. Overall, I prefer the Daisy loop because we were farther removed from the main camping area. The second time when we camped at Violet it was next to the playground and the picnic area, and although these were extremely convenient, I would take sleep any day. Quiet hours were not even remotely enforced and drunken partying went into the wee hours of the morning. Otherwise, the campground was ok. The bathrooms and showers were decent. The events that we attended were nice. However, I do not believe I would stay here again.

Wooded camping near the beach

Nice CT state park campground with clean well maintained campsites. Mix of open field and well shaded campsites with reasonable space, some sites have decent privacy, most are pretty open. Good access to shared drinking water, restrooms and dishwashing stations. Most sites are mixed use allowing RVs but no hook ups or dump stations available. Bathrooms/showers are ok but could use better cleaning and upkeep. Rocky Neck state park beach is within walking distance if your ambitious otherwise its a 2min drive from camp. We like it here and return often for the opportunity to camp and enjoy beach time during the summer.

Friendly, helpful

Staff was very nice, adequate amenities. Very little privacy between campsites even in wooded areas. A smaller operation with a high percentage of seasonal residents. They do seem to offer some interesting activities for kids with weekend fire engine rides, a gem panning center, seemingly well maintained playground/pool and a small haunted house for October. Not fancy but very functional and a convenient location for us, we will visit again.

Great campsite on the farmingtom

Awesome campgrounds that makes you feel your truly out of Connecticut

Great place for opening day of trout

Small little campground located in an amazing a beautiful park. Go here every spring for opening day of fishing season and camp the entire weekend.

Jug End Campground, Great Spot for Section Hikers and All.

Great spot, I have section hiked the majority of the east coast AT and this is in my top 10 spots to stay at. Trash cans, but carry out is preferable.