About South Shore - Trinidad Lake State Park
South Shore - Trinidad Lake State Park is located in Colorado
11 Reviews of South Shore - Trinidad Lake State Park
Very pretty.

No one at entrance. Nice campground. Clean.

Such a beauty!

We were lucky to book the last paige last minute, and what a view! Sites have picnic tables and fire pits. Trinidad is a charming town. Just perfect!

Amazing view!

Beautiful view and fun stuff for the kids to do! Hiking, playground, geocaching. We will definitely be back!

Very well maintained with nice facilities. Beautiful view of lake.

Reservations required but can make them by phone or internet upon arriving. Phone number is posted.

Beautiful area! Gorgeous views of the lake and amazing sunsets!

All dirt roads. No running water. There’s a port o potty near by aswell as clear parking spots for camp sites. Each campsite has a fire pit and a metal cover over a picnic bench.

Piñon and Sage

As is typical of Colorado State Parks, Trinidad Lake is clean, well thought out, and beautiful. With the Sangria de Christo Mountins as a backdrop, it’s a nice place from which to base camp and explore. And if you’re there during the monsoons, expect a rainbow or two and the sweet smell of piñon and Sage.

Terrific Trinidad

This campground far exceeded our expectations. We arrived a bit earlier on a stoo over than we had planned. That gave us a bIt more tIme to explore the lake and traIils. We tent camped overlooking the lake and it was an amazing view and sunrise. The bathroom was the nicest I have seen yet in a camp. Very clean but the showers are quarters only. There is a change machine just outside though. InsIde the bathroom facilities there is also a laundry mat. It’s a great place to bring your boat and kids as there is a nice playground area as well.

Beautiful views!!

Camped here for 3 nights. it was a great spot to be to check some other areas before moving further north. Some things to be aware of; Mostly electric only sites. I think they have 6-7 full hookups. Sites are reserved well in advance. Best sites 48-51, they overlook the lake. Only 3.2 beer allowed in the park and no public 420 consumption. Also, showers are coin operated. But, they do have a laundry! Overall, a very comfortable stay. I would recommend this place.

Small and busy campground.

The amenities listed above can be misleading. There are 62 sites in Carpios Ridge and 7, yes..7 are full hook-ups!! I don't recall how clear that is on their reservation site. But, I thought I had reserved full hookup site until I got here and discovered not so much. Most sites are electric hookup only. And, this is the first State Park I have been to with coin operated showers. Cost 1.75 for 7 minutes. Also, take note, while there is fishing and boating. There is no swimming (Again, I should have looked closer and paid more attention). Of note to some, you may want to be aware they only allow 3.2 beer. And, at this writing their is a burn ban in effect. No wood or charcoal fires and no smoking outside your vehicle. Also, no 420 "public consumption"…whatever that might be.😊 However, the views from the overlook are wonderful. I would not recommend this gc if you are looking for seclusion and quietness. Camp setup is what I call "condo camping" neighbors are pretty much right next to each other.

Great State Park

This State Park has a great camping area. It has places from tents to full hook ups. The restrooms were clean and had showers, but you had to pay for time with quarters, and there's a change machine so you can get quarters.