The best GROUP camping near
Weott , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Weott Camping Reviews
In the Dark alone.

Dispersed Paid Camping. You sit all day waiting for someone to show up so you can pay and get a bunch of fines that you not aware of till last minute. I sat afraid all night waiting for $300+ ticket. You need Bear Mace and a permit. Then online it says first come first serve. Mountain Lions are biggest threat at night. I finally left this place. It was cold cause the creek nearby and worried sick for Park Ranger and Mountain Lions. Meet a few great locals out collecting Mushrooms. Great hiking trails nearby. Not that dispersed many people driving and hiking by and everyone can see your business. Not really private. Restrooms have no lights or soap and water. No showers or running water.

Awesome Campground, Lovely Host

I LOVE this campground and its host, whose name has escaped me. He was very helpful and kind and we loved seeing him walk his little dogs around the park. We stayed here in our popup camper sometime in December of 2020 and we were one of the only groups there during the entirety of our five-day stay. It’s peaceful and quiet and extremely beautiful; the towering redwoods coupled with the beautiful river made for an absolutely serene stay. These sites are nice and secluded with absolutely no cell coverage (Verizon), and about a 35-45 minute drive from Eureka and about 15 from the nearest gas station. Showers were closed due to Covid during our stay.

Great for over night

Stayed in parking lot for an over night stay heading up the coast. Safe, easy, cheep. 14.00 for parking lot around $30 for hook ups in grass area. Cute town.

Right in the trees

We checked out these grounds on our way to the Burlington campground as this site is just east off the same exit. While it might be an excellent place if you’re not too picky about sloping sites, we were very pleased to be staying at Burlington which ended up being nice and flat. Excellent facilities otherwise

Amazing litte spot

Great spot … hasn't been really crowded when I have been there the past month..

Redwood magic

This is a must-stop if you enjoy foresty camping in the trees. Threaded throughout the giant redwoods, this campground is just a hop skip and a jump away from the avenue of the giants. Towering trees cast shadows at all times of day—dress warm! Coin operated showers and clean restrooms were very comfortable and the best of all campgrounds we enjoyed on this trip. Byo firewood if you count on having a campfire—it’s damp. Don’t skip this campground, it was one of our most beloved stays

Reserve online at https://www.reservecalifornia.com

Full hook ups and walk into town!

Super quiet on a Monday only 3 other RV’s there. Walked around Ferndale and had great Mexican food. The coffee shop in town was super cool and cozy.

Beautiful views

Spent the day here and it was awesome. It was pretty gloomy but it added to the scene. It’s a little Erie, it was amazing.

This was my first time driving in sand and now I’m obsessed! Driving right up to the beach and water is something I didn’t know I NEEDED to do. Absolutely beautiful place and the people were all friendly!