The best TENT SITES camping near
Sierra Village , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Sierra Village Camping Reviews
Gate locked

Arriving around 9pm after a long drive to find the gate locked was very disheartening, especially since reception in the area around Kirwood is missing.

10/10

Been coming here for our annual family camping trip for years now and love this place. The staff is always friendly and willing help. Will be coming back in the future.

Quick Camping

Woodward is our family go to place to camp in the summer heat. Lots of campsites with room for tents or RVs. Fire pits and picnic tables at each site. Plenty of bathrooms, some with showers. Usually somewhat clean. Water feels good when it's 100+ degrees outside. Good prices. And you can bring your dogs.

Closed fro winter

This site is closed, the 4 closed from the west up to SR89

Large

Large grass area that looked like it could be for camping, it was on top of the lake overlooking it. It was absolutely beautiful. Didnt see any campers but it didn’t say don’t camp here.

Not camping

Beautiful day trip to see some gorgeous views of a damn and lake. I would definitely come back here again, we happened to just stumble upon it.

Closed, but a great alternative just north

Went by here on Thanksgiving day 2020 Closed ,gated

North of Summerdale is goat meadow snow play area. Big parking lot that people boondock and car camp in. I car camped just of the 06 forest road. Its the road to the left before the parking lot. There are a handful of spots for dispersed camping. Road is decent and good Verizon signal.

You can also hike to Mariposa Grove from the goat meadow parking lot. Or you can drive about 3 miles from parking lot to a gate that is about a 1.5 mile walk to the Mariposa Grove hiking park.

Very good and scenic hike.

Threw a crappy rave here

Back in 2012 a few former friends and myself had all convinced our parents to let us go camping with each other we were all about 18 or 19 and what we didn't say was that we had sent out mass invites for a rave/furry meet. We were all unprepared, had no sound set up, ran out of essentials and food…. We had one giant bonfire and they and the either Rangers or Sheriff's showed up (it might have been both) just as we had finally figured out our sound and told us to shut it down. They gave us a warning about the fires and allowed us to get permits on the spot while they were there. They said they didn't care if we were going to party but to leave no trace of us being there. Its a beautiful spot but after that experience, I'm probably not going back there. Our campground was AAAALLLLLLL the way in back end of wherever camp sites ended. So we had that entire area to ourselves. Driving over ditches, driving up and on the side of the mountains in order to avoid random debris in our cars path…. Yo this place might have actually be trying to me. Looking back it all seems dangerous however, the spot we were at, had rocks that if you claimed all the way to the top, you get an incredible view over looking the river behind our tents and beyond. Good chill place to go smoke weed and watch either the Sunset or Sunrise. Then again, just because it was beautiful isn't going to make me forget this place really did try and kill me.

My rating--4.4/5 Well done Beavers.

I don't have pictures anymore due to many factors primarily because this was way back in 2012 and its now 2020. I wouldn't even know what computer to start up and look at…* Instead please enjoy one of my many all time favorite pictures ever

Threw a crappy rave here

My rating--4.4/5 Well done Beavers.

Close to Yosemite

This is a great campground right outside of the north entrance to Yosemite. Super clean and there is a nice creek to hang out at within walking distance