Camping in Ponderosa Park

550 Reviews of 296 Ponderosa Park, California Campgrounds

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Beautiful camp site

The camp grounds are very beautiful and right on the lake. It really doesn’t get more beautiful for a drive up camp site. Down side is the sites are super close together. We brought the kids with us and they played all day we did find a rattlesnake in our site but relocated it and went about our…

s
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Best

It was a wonderful birthday camping with my family and I just loved it. Staff a very friendly and our site was just a walking distance to the bathrooms.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Nice resort

We recently stayed here a few weeks ago. Very nice sized pads, we were in Units 212/214. Nice, clean bathrooms, which is always a plus. The only negative comment I have was so many neighbors stayed up way past the curfew, which was annoying!

• Site 212
  • Back view of Site 212
  • Side view of Site 212
Site212/214
Carly D.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Best views of the stars

Our group has been camping at Sly Park together and respectively since 1996, and we can't ever get enough. It's a very popular camping spot, so I recommend planning and reserving sometimes several months in advance. Weekends book up quickly, but weekday camping is easy to find.

They have several…

Ruben N.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Pinecrest campground

Pinecrest was an amazing place at the edge of the Stanislaus national forest. The community is great, the campground and bathrooms were very well maintained. It was a 10min walk to the lake. If you’re into fishing, there are trout in the area with some nice fishing spots labeled on the paper map.…

• the lake from the hike
  • the bridge nicer the inlet
  • my dog finding a painted rock on the hike
SiteB11
Emmanuel L.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Nice but Crowed

This is not my usual type of campground. When we bought our RV, we had a free trial membership offer Andy here we are.

This is a private campground tine share system. We actually decided to buy in because of some of the services the offer. Locations also meet our meet.

Patty R.
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Groovy

Way huge depths of camp ground area... Water is nice excluding the dirty appearance it was fun taking the boat out there

B
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Many years at Hogan

Our family has been here many times because it’s tradition since my husband was a kid. It’s gorgeous if we’ve had a year of rain. Usually pretty quiet but bathrooms are always a disaster.

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Sweet Spot

Easy to see right off the road with plenty of campsites down either side of a nice dirt road. Rocky and steep road access to Scott’s lake, but easy camping on the edge of the valley.

Sitedispersed
ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

I didn't stay. Can't believe it has 5 stars!

I guess if you stayed on the water it might be nice but the campground itself was pretty bad. 1st they have blocked any phone signal so even with my WeBoost I could not work from here. 2nd the flies were horrible. 3rd my site was across from overflowing trash can. 4th the hookups are on the wrong…

• Overflowing trash can
  • Front door facing street and trash bc hookups are on wrong side
  • Hookups are on wrong side
Tanya R.The Dyrt PRO User

Little shade. Walk in sites

Campground is situated on a very long narrow dirt road. Besides the proximity to Yosemite this campground was not a favorite. 2 had the best shade and it gets hot.

Next to the Stanislaus River

Love this campground because of it’s close proximity to the Stanislaus River. There are 28 first come first serve RV and Tent sites. There are interesting granite rock formations in and around the campground. Potable water, fire rings, picnic tables and garbage receptacles round out the…

Close to the Road

Right off highway 108 on Sonora Pass. There are two entrances to the campground. This is a first come first serve campground with a total of 33 sites. There are vault toilets, tables and fire rings at each site.

Sonora Pass Campground

One of several nice campgrounds along the Sonora Pass corridor. First come first serve at 44 sites. Hiking and fishing are all close and attractive outdoor activities that can enhance your visit

Eastern Gateway to Sonora Pass

Sonora Bridge is the first campground you come to on the eastern side of beautiful Sonora Pass. There are 23 first come first serve tent and RV sites shades by tall Jeffrey pines. Recreational opportunities include hiking, fishing horseback riding nearby and of course relaxing.